PDA

View Full Version : And the news is still great.

Sturdee
8th December 2010, 07:08 PM
Some of you know that I was a victim of prostate cancer. I had the operation to remove it and then it continued to spread so I had radiation treatment and am on a long term course of Eligard injections being a testosterone blocking treatment.

Since the radiation treatment my PSA has been, and still is :2tsup:, at the undetectable level of less than 0.01 but ongoing monitoring is needed to measure the side effects of the Eligard treatment.

The common side effects are that bone density reduces ( risk of Osteoporosis), weight gain, diabetes and of course the unpleasant hot flushes.

So today I had the results of the last series of blood tests and bone density scans and although I am loosing some bone density it is still in the top 3 percent of my age group, calcium levels are good, no weight gain, no diabetes, cholesterol good, psa undetectable so the news is still great.

Looks like a great Christmas and you'll have to put up with me for a long, long time yet.:D

Peter.

Ad de Crom
8th December 2010, 07:22 PM
Sturdee, that's good news, medical science is capable of much...
Ad

Gaza
8th December 2010, 07:51 PM
great xmas present sturdee

mic-d
8th December 2010, 07:58 PM
of course the unpleasant hot flushes.

Looks like a great Christmas and you'll have to put up with me for a long, long time yet.:D

Peter.

Good news Peter. Don't think of them as hot flushes, think of them as power surges:D

Cheers
Michael

watson
8th December 2010, 08:20 PM
:2tsup:

Ironwood
8th December 2010, 08:27 PM
Good stuff :2tsup::2tsup:

kevjed
8th December 2010, 08:29 PM
:2tsup:

ozhunter