PDA

View Full Version : On The Mend

Nai84
8th December 2010, 07:20 PM
Hey Everyone

Well today I went and had my stiches pulled out of my finger :D it didnt hurt as much as I was told :o but hey everyone is different. I am on the mend and my finger looks heaps better and different not as gross as the last time I see it I am now aloud to drive agian :o:2tsup::D but unfortunely I was told today it could be 6 weeks before I go back to turning :((:((:doh::doh: god dam it but at least I am on the mend so more study time for me can anyone suggest some stuff for me to read or watch it would be very good :2tsup::2tsup:

Ian
( pics will be uploaded via moblie asap)

wheelinround
8th December 2010, 07:46 PM
Ian some of its good news
A for turning you can do plenty of just going round corners in the car :q

Now honestly if you can drive why not turn same grip required on the wheel and tools.:U

Nai84
8th December 2010, 08:08 PM
Hey WR

Well WR thats ture coz she never asked if I drove a manual or an auto so I might be able to pleed my case one friday :D thanks for that insite :2tsup:

Ian

Rookie
8th December 2010, 08:17 PM
Is there a touch of irony about all these photos having a title at the top that says "Attached Thumbnails". :U:U:U

Baby steps Ian. It was a nasty bit of work. You'll be back at it soon enough.

jefferson
8th December 2010, 08:19 PM
Ian,

I missed this one - I hope the injury was not turning-related?

Gruesome either way.

artme
8th December 2010, 08:25 PM
Progress Ian! Just do what the doctor says and take it easy.

I assume you have examined the thought of physio?

Nai84
8th December 2010, 08:36 PM
Is there a touch of irony about all these photos having a title at the top that says "Attached Thumbnails". :U:U:U

Baby steps Ian. It was a nasty bit of work. You'll be back at it soon enough.

Ian,

I missed this one - I hope the injury was not turning-related?

Gruesome either way.

Progress Ian! Just do what the doctor says and take it easy.

I assume you have examined the thought of physio?

Rookie

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha thats a good one I know I will be back soon just seem like 6 weeks is life time but I feel for all the other guy on here that were alot longer

Jefferson

It wasnt wood turning related it was done at work with a roll of lead :C

Artme

I intend on following the docs orders to fullest of my ability :q as I know that those 6 weeks will be gone before I know it :)

Ian

Scott
8th December 2010, 10:03 PM
Nice job Ian, bet that hurt! Take care of the wound and it will take care of you :)

The Bleeder
9th December 2010, 07:28 AM
Ian,

Finger is looking good. Nice little sleeve on the finger.

If you find that after everything has healed it's still very sensitive you'll keep the sleeve. I've had mine (gone through about 40) for the whole time. Woodworking tends to destroy them (I glue them to most joints).

Nai84
9th December 2010, 03:37 PM
Ian,

Finger is looking good. Nice little sleeve on the finger.

If you findthat after everything has healed it's still very sensitive you'll keep the sleeve. I've had mine (gone through about 40) for the whole time. Woodworking tends to destroy them (I glue them to most joints).
Hey TB I am just glad to still have most of my finger and cant to get back into it the sock is to help reshape the tip back to normal and to keep it clean from the work enviro :) Ian

wheelinround
9th December 2010, 06:30 PM
:o your back at work but can't turn :~ bummer time to turn miniatures with tiny tools Ian.:U

Nai84
9th December 2010, 09:32 PM
:o your back at work but can't turn :~ bummer time to turn miniatures with tiny tools Ian.:U

Hey Ray

I wish I could :C but I have this lovely preson called my wife that come and checks on me everytime I go in to the shed :doh: to make sure that I am not doing anything that I shouldnt bee I wish I could but I have been told no by therapist so best do as I am told for now :doh:

Ian

The Bleeder
10th December 2010, 06:42 AM
Ian,

Obey the thearpist...they control the pain level knob....:o

munruben
10th December 2010, 08:32 AM
Great to see it healing nicely. Looks a thousand times better, just keep doing what you are doing, as you say, six weeks will pass pretty quickly. :2tsup:

Nai84
10th December 2010, 04:09 PM
Great to see it healing nicely. Looks a thousand times better, just keep doing what you are doing, as you say, six weeks will pass pretty quickly. :2tsup:

Ian,

Obey the thearpist...they control the pain level knob....:o

Hey TB

I will obey the thearpist as today was the first time that she touched it and she was bending everything and OMG it hurt :C

Munruben

It dose look heaps better and each day I am able to move it even more

Ian

Nai84
17th December 2010, 12:07 AM
Hey Everyone

Just to let you know how I am going I have been seen the therapist twice a week and today she deciced that it was time for a soak so I had to soak my hand :? then it click my scaps so she picked of most of the scaps and it now looks even better :2tsup: I now have two socks one for the injured finger and for the other finger were it was graphed to so hopefully if all goes well only 4 more weeks and I will be aloud back at the lathe :2tsup:

Ian
(will upload pics by moblie asap)

Enfield Guy
17th December 2010, 07:51 AM
Looks like it is healing well. Hang in there.

Cheers

Ed Reiss
17th December 2010, 01:03 PM
Well, Ian...the coppers won't be able to pin that bank job on ya' now since ya' aint got no fingerprints left ~~~~silver lining to every cloud

Nai84
17th December 2010, 04:24 PM
Hey Guys

Thanks I will try to hang in thier:q Hey Ed its only a shame that I have nine more finger prints for them to pin me to that bank robbery LMAO :q:doh:

Ian

Nai84
21st December 2010, 09:46 PM
Hey Everyone

Well my finger now has nearly no scaps at all and is looking really good :) The therapist lady knows where it hurts but its worth it as when it is all over it does feel better I now have splints to wear on my finger when I go to bed to help straighten them out but I still have a while to before I will be aloud to go back to normal :( :2tsup:

Ian