PDA

View Full Version : Trade Tools Direct - any good?

Bin57again
8th December 2010, 10:20 PM
Seem to sell mostly their own brands. Plenty of stores around Brisbane and a couple North Coast NSW so presume they're ok?
Anyone's 2c?
Bin

MICKYG
9th December 2010, 07:24 AM
Bin

Have a few items we have bought from them and have found them to be an excellent establishment.

Regards Mike:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Ironwood
9th December 2010, 08:03 AM
I've bought a few things off their website and couriered up to me.
I've found them to be good to deal with.

I bought a pole chainsaw that was missing a few bits out of the box,
a quick phonecall and the bits were dispatched straight away.

I always check out their specials ad in the Sunday Mail.

Bob38S
9th December 2010, 10:04 AM
Good gear.

Real advice.

Easy to deal with.

No connections at all to the company other than as a customer.

Bin57again
11th December 2010, 03:13 PM
Thanks everyone. They sound like an honest, decent outfit. I'll give 'em a go.
Cheers:2tsup:

Cliff Rogers
11th December 2010, 03:26 PM
I have also ordered a couple of things from them & have had no problems with delivery.

The laser level that I got from them had an open circuit in the battery box.
It worked fine from the external supply so, being an Electronics tech, I didn't bother returning it, I just fixed it myself.

Everything else have been fine.

They have a wet brick saw that I would like but can't justify the $998. :-

They also have an 8" grinder with wide wheels & a 900 watt motor for a good price.

Husq2100
11th December 2010, 07:24 PM
I have delt with them for more than 15 years, spent many 1000's of dollars with them....I never buy their brand, but thats just me. Most the staff (GC store) know me when I pull up and are good value. Having been a long time customer, I rarely pay retail :wink:

Exador
12th December 2010, 08:29 AM
I'll also give them a plug. I've bought almost all my tools through them over the past 5 years, after shopping around and finding their price the best. Mostly brand names, but I have two of their routers, a couple of their nail guns and one of their 9" grinders, as well as some spanners, sockets, scribers and other small hand-tools. The only problem has been the soft start on the grinder, which was replaced within 2 days. The routers aren't as good as my Makita, but for the price they're hard to fault. Oh yeah, don't buy their drill sets - they're genuinely rubbish - made from low-grade steel and coated, but still as soft and brittle as a piece of toast.

I did buy a 14" metal cut-off saw from them, but took it back and replaced it with a Metabo because it wasn't square. They swapped no worries at all.

I also tend to get a discount over retail, for the same reason as Husq, although I've found they're amenable to negotiation on big-ticket items anyway.

adeben
12th December 2010, 04:10 PM
I bought a SCMS (their brand) from them, and assumed that I was buying a new saw. When it arrived, it had obviously been reboxed, and, equally obviously, had been used as a display unit. It worked OK, so I decided not to return it. I did complain about the situation, and sent photos of the usage marks on the saw to support my claims. They were apologetic, and sent me an extra blade as some compensation, but did not admit that the saw, as sent, was not 'brand new". And I had paid for a brand new saw. So I'm a bit cautious about the company as a result of this experience, and have not bought anything from them since that time.