PDA

View Full Version : A visit.

RETIRED
9th December 2010, 11:28 PM
Just had a visit from one who has arisen from under all the sawdust.

Skew ChiDAMN and his lovely lady friend (the reason he isn't on much at the moment) called in on the way home from touring Phillip Island.

I thought I'd let all of you know that he is still alive, hair is still long and he still can't afford shoes.:wink::D

Cliff Rogers
10th December 2010, 06:38 AM
Good one. :D

rsser
10th December 2010, 08:15 AM
Good to hear.

TTIT
10th December 2010, 09:04 AM
Good to hear they got there - Anne was dead keen to see the little blokes in suits :; - another couple of hours here and they would have got stuck with the flooding and missed the rest of their plans altogether.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
10th December 2010, 12:09 PM
Never fear... she flies home tomorrow and I'll be haunting the forums again, trying to fill the void. :; (Either that or trying to weave a pair of shoes from the scraps in my hairbrush.)

My apologies to Vern, Emerald and Airlie Beach in general. It was supposed to be snow - a gift from her country to ours - but it didn't travel well. Unfortunately the bundle she had planned for Vic and S. NSW melted around Dubbo... :doh:

tea lady
10th December 2010, 02:14 PM
Hey! Skew! Will be good to have you back. But we prolly can't provide the same entertainment as your "lady freind"! :U

Waldo
10th December 2010, 02:24 PM
He came with the better half, and alas he disappeared down the hill again. But now known as the Ghost Who Walks With a Hat.

Good to meet you Anne. :2tsup: There's no bad influence on him, just good. :U

ticklingmedusa
11th December 2010, 05:37 PM
Welcome back Skew.
Hey, did you ever get any wood from your Canadian mates ?

Skew ChiDAMN!!
12th December 2010, 02:54 PM
Welcome back Skew.
Hey, did you ever get any wood from your Canadian mates ?

No. Well... not yet. That's very definitely still in the works though. :2tsup:

artme
12th December 2010, 07:15 PM
Good to see you back Skew!:):):)

Skew's_Girl
27th December 2010, 02:23 PM
another couple of hours here and they would have got stuck with the flooding and missed the rest of their plans altogether.

I think I could have survived another couple days snuggling up to your Kauri pine hollow form, or fondling the egg collection. :U

I'm sure Skew could have happily gotten lost in your wood pile for a couple weeks at least.

As for wood exchange; I asked my dad if he had any flame maple (regular maple species but with a particular chatoyance effect) and his reply was "well, yes, but you'll have to figure out how to get it out of the floor."

So the flame maple might be out of the export list unless we find some more pieces in his pile, but we are planning to send some nice pieces when we can. I told them to keep an eye out for burls in particular.

Why is this starting to feel like a dowry? :roll:

rsser
27th December 2010, 02:57 PM
LOL.

Add a cube of bird's eye maple and I'll ring your Dad about my prospects ;-}

ticklingmedusa
27th December 2010, 05:49 PM
Welcome :D

Waldo
27th December 2010, 07:47 PM
Welcome 'ere Skew's_Girl, by now you must be aware we're societie's outcast bunch of misfits. :U All the timber you took back was to sucker you into a false sense of security.

Groggy
27th December 2010, 08:03 PM
Welcome! I see you find the Skew easier to handle than some do! Easy to bite but can produce wonders if handled skilfully. :)

Sawdust Maker
28th December 2010, 08:35 AM
Skew's_Girl

welcome to the forum
good luck with the forms

How often did he say Chi-damn during the visit?

Skew's_Girl
28th December 2010, 01:00 PM
[...] "[...]you'll have to figure out how to get it out of the floor."

I suspect that was the wrong thing to say in this particular forum tehehe :B oops

No worries Waldo, I spent 3 weeks locked hip to hop with Skew. I think I got a decent idea of at least one variety of local Australian Misfit. The scary thing is, I liked it! What does that say about me eh?

I see you find the Skew easier to handle than some do!

Turning the handle's easy, problem is he doesn't approve of where I want to put it!

Easy to bite but can produce wonders if handled skilfully. :)

Tehehehehe, oops I mean :innocent:

Skew's_Girl
28th December 2010, 01:14 PM
Skew's_Girl

welcome to the forum
good luck with the forms

How often did he say Chi-damn during the visit?

Ty Dust, We didn't get out to the shed once. I'm still a lathe virgin! To his defense it's hard to show me the chisels when I'm dragging him around the country in coaches, trains and one little red Hyundai.

I'll have to see if I can bribe into giving me a lesson. How much do you think a telephone pole of maple'd cost to mail? :U

Waldo
28th December 2010, 02:16 PM
The scary thing is, I liked it! What does that say about me eh?

There's the good, the bad and the ugly. You've got the good. :2tsup:

Skew ChiDAMN!!
30th December 2010, 09:04 PM
And the Ugly. But hey! Two outta three ain't bad! :U

Waldo
30th December 2010, 09:26 PM
But who can fathom the logic of a woman? :D

tea lady
1st January 2011, 10:53 AM
Welcome Skew's Girl! :U I'm too hung over to think of something witty to say! :rolleyes: So you will have to take a rain check on that!

Groggy
1st January 2011, 11:00 AM
happy new year tea lady!!!

BTW, how's the headache? :D

tea lady
1st January 2011, 12:06 PM
happy new year tea lady!!!

BTW, how's the headache? :D:faint:

Skew's_Girl
1st January 2011, 12:09 PM
HAHA Glad to see you guys brought in the new year proper. It's still making it's way around here to us but I'm sure I won't be too far behind you Tea lady.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Health Wealth and Happiness to all of you guys!
*HUGS*

tea lady
1st January 2011, 12:16 PM
HAHA Glad to see you guys brought in the new year proper. It's still making it's way around here to us but I'm sure I won't be too far behind you Tea lady.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Health Wealth and Happiness to all of you guys!
*HUGS*:oo: You mean we're already recovering from the hang over and you haven't even had the fireworks yet? :rolleyes: Have one for me! :D

Pops
1st January 2011, 12:20 PM
Good one Groggy. :) Now when Tea Lady wakes up it will be 'white with 2 panadol'.

Skew's Girl: Seems like Skew has acclimatised you to the forum bunch quite well. Welcome and enjoy the fun here.

Cheers
Pops

Mr Brush
1st January 2011, 03:18 PM
Pops - thus far, I think the usual suspects on here have been unusually restrained where Skew's Girl is concerned.......holding doors open, muttering "After you" under their breath, not farting in public....:D

You just know it won't last....:rolleyes:

Condiments of the season to one and all !!