PDA

View Full Version : More Pepper grinders

gawdelpus
11th December 2010, 07:02 PM
A few weeks ago I made my first pepper grinder , it went over so well he ordered 3 more for Xmas presents . I have plenty of pen blanks but these things take a lot of wood hehe, paid Stan a visit at Billynudgel and got some bigger bits of timber to play with :). A nice bit of purple gidgee, earmarked for the mrs :), and some WA Karri ,looked pretty ordinary till it got the treatment . I decided to turn a few blanks while I was at it ,and today almost completed 3,still need sealing on the insides and another coat of glow and assembly .I would still rather make pens lol. The first 2 from the left are WA Karri, the slightly shorter one is Camphor Laurel .it is full length body but a shorter top as I didn't have the length I wanted

dai sensei
11th December 2010, 10:17 PM
:2tsup:

Nai84
11th December 2010, 10:29 PM
Nice Job I love the 3 rd one from the left well done Ian

wolften
11th December 2010, 10:36 PM
...i Like 'em...I like em alot:2tsup:

artme
12th December 2010, 07:08 PM
Nice John!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Didja try the pies while you were there?

gawdelpus
12th December 2010, 08:33 PM
Nice John!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Didja try the pies while you were there?

Hehe, I think I opted for a hamburger with the lot :) I can't remember what Neil had :) cheers ~ John

Ozkaban
13th December 2010, 07:35 AM
Nice work :2tsup:

I don't bother with sealing on the insides. Dunno if I'm doing the right thing though:whatonearth:. What are you sealing them with?

Cheers,
Dave

gawdelpus
13th December 2010, 08:48 AM
Dave ! I am using a couple of coats of "Shellack" which I believe to be food safe ,wood never stops moving with temp changes so its just an added precaution to try and exclude moisture penetrating from the inside . cheers ~ John