PDA

View Full Version : Australian Woodturning Symposium

tymba
12th December 2010, 09:35 AM
G'day all,
Just a note to let you know that the next Australian Woodturning Symposium is to be held at RYDGES- Eagle Hawk Resort Federal Highway ACT/NSW Broder, just north of Canberra, September 14th to 16th 2012.

So far we have a line up of 10 leading presenters from Australia and around the world. There is room for a couple of more Australian presenters.

If you feel you have something to contribute to the woodturning industry and would like to share it with others please sent a brief CV of your subject topics and up to five photo's of your work for consideration. Applications for presenters close 30th June 2011 and the successful applicants will be advised by 30th September 2011.

Further details about the symposium and registration forms are available on the symposium web site Welcome to The 2010 Australian Woodturning Symposium (http://www.tymba.com.au)

I will keep you updated as we progress closer to this exciting event.

Regards BB
"Enjoying the Thrill of Making the Chips Fly"

dai sensei
12th December 2010, 10:14 AM
That's what you call getting in early :rolleyes:

Mr Brush
12th December 2010, 11:18 AM
I'll make a note in my diary......oh, hang on, I don't HAVE a 2012 diary :(

I_wanna_Shed
12th December 2010, 11:20 AM
Excellent! One local... for some reason I tought these were always in Qld.

Nathan.

Mr Brush
12th December 2010, 11:55 AM
Nathan - yup, handy for us highlanders !

That gives me a couple of years to get more proficient on my lathe, then I'll have more appreciation for what is being demonstrated.

Ed Reiss
12th December 2010, 12:50 PM
Planning on being there just as long as the lotto does the right thing by me:doh::D

Mulgabill
12th December 2010, 12:57 PM
Yep! It gives us mexicians a chance to see the best on offer:2tsup:
Diary suitably noted.

rsser
12th December 2010, 01:44 PM
Cool dates and location, literally and figuratively.

Could combine it with some spring ski touring in the snowies.

Anyone turned any Snow gum? ;-}

Pat
12th December 2010, 05:03 PM
Interesting, only 2 1/2 hours from home.

Website (http://www.tymba.com.au/)

rsser
12th December 2010, 05:19 PM
Oh poop. Just read it more closely. Year after next.

Hope to be eating red dust in the Kimberley then.

Ozkaban
12th December 2010, 05:36 PM
Anyone turned any Snow gum? ;-}

Nah, but it would be nice if you'd be good enough to collect some on your way down :D

Glad it's somewhere closer - only 3 hour drive. Worth the visit, I reckon.

Cheers,
Dave

rsser
12th December 2010, 05:56 PM
Yeah.

Number of times I've trekked past a particular Snowgum burl in the Vic Alps and thought, ooh, that'd be a trump piece :D Small enough for my folding bow saw. Light enough to carry. But it was in a National Park :(

Leave nothing but footprints they say, take nothing but photographs. Hmm, need a big camera body :rolleyes:

Ozkaban
12th December 2010, 06:46 PM
I'm sure you could smuggle out a couple of 'ski' shaped bits, right? Might need to be a bit thicker, say 6" diam. Just strap 'em to your feet and off you go :D