PDA

View Full Version : 1st attempt at casting a blank

wm460
13th December 2010, 06:26 PM
Hi it's Mrs WM460 again. :; Well I did my 1st cast the other day, it turned out ok but not as fantastic as I had hoped. I used 3 colours: 1 crushed ant bed that produced a red: 2 ground white pepper: 3 green ink with chopped spinefex grass. Got the measurements right:D but when i poured the 3 colours separately one after the other the pepper disappeared:( and the green spread more into the red and the grass floated to the (( question: when pouring colours as I did is it recommended to to pour 1, let set for say 30min then pour 2 let set then pour 3. Well I am still proud of my 1st atempt and have asked Mark to mak a pen out of it then can show you what it looks like.

dj_pnevans
14th December 2010, 10:21 PM
Have to have a look before I can help.
David

wm460
15th December 2010, 07:17 AM
I will post photo later.

wm460
28th December 2010, 09:34 PM
Here the photo.

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s356/wm460/fuji208.jpg

Turned a pen out of it today all ready to micro mesh it tomorrow.

dj_pnevans
28th December 2010, 10:03 PM
The grass is lite and will float to the top. If you don't want the colour to mix the best bet is to use the same sort of colour and mix just before they gel. Pour one in first then the next and mix with a stick. As you can see with your pic you can see through the resin. You can paint your tubes or use alot more ink. All the best.
David