PDA

View Full Version : Misc poll. Read post 10 first.

cultana
19th November 2010, 11:28 PM
hmm
eggcup
don't tell anybody :biggrin2:

Ok so where is it??

Here is my version....

Egg cup:
Wood: Melia Azedarach, white cedar.
Sanded to #400 then finished with Shellawax Cream.
44mm
45mm

See it even holds and egg, but SWMBO said I can’t use a real egg so I had to make a wooden one. I had almost finished turning the egg and the force field holding it between the drive and live centres collapsed so the tip of the egg is a bit pointy. (Someone said it had to be supported physically by the two centres, think I missed something there.)
Egg:
Wood: Callistemon, Bottlebrush
50mm
Diam: 40mm

Ok just kidding...:D

cultana
20th November 2010, 01:54 AM
Small candle stick.
Made from Callistemo, bottlebrush.
Hight 50mm
Max with at the base 28mm.
Holds one small 'party' candle.

TL: Candle stick with birthday candle..

Also compared to a 5 cent coin.

Frank&Earnest
21st November 2010, 02:58 PM
Ok, seen that we show the "non-serious" pieces while we whittle away the time...

This is the Official Ring of the Woodworkers' Secret Society. :D

Western Myall, off the tool, one coat of CA.

Frank&Earnest
23rd November 2010, 09:32 PM
I need some chopsticks for this, (little ones please) !!:D

Here they are. Red messmate, one stained. :U

Frank&Earnest
24th November 2010, 06:14 PM
No, spike for "tribal" wood earring. You can see dozens of them if you google "wooden earrings". I am reliably informed that in Europe you can find them at every street corner (cynical me thinks with other commodities... :wink:) I found the hard way that power machines do not necessarily make the job easier or faster. The spike is fun (whatever tool you like using :p) but to turn, drill and cut the earring without it shattering is quite an interesting exercise of applied physics. I got it at the 6th attempt, my unreserved admiration if you can do better. :)

robert brown
28th November 2010, 09:02 PM
Here is another entry.. The first photo shows it in a 50mm cube... The wood is redgum + queen ebony..the finish is w.o.p.

texx
3rd December 2010, 07:41 PM
made my first gavel today , and when i finished i put it up on the forum then started having a read poked around in this thread and thought oh yeah make a mini one so off i went to the lathe and made this monster weapon as an entry here .
the gavel is 49.97mm long .
cooktown iron wood and waxed . the wife likes it better than the full size one

Frank&Earnest
14th December 2010, 03:14 PM
If there is a separate category for scale models this is my entry in it: doll house table.

Blackwood, Shellawax

Picko
15th December 2010, 09:34 AM
Entry #2.

Red Cedar and Radiata Pine (a classic partnership).
33h x 26d x 2.5t
Shellawax finish

Picko

RETIRED
15th December 2010, 09:13 PM
To vote, use the post number in the top right hand corner. You have multiple choice available to you and all votes are private.

This was the hardest as there are some things here that do not fit in the other categories but are excellent pieces of work.

Ed Reiss
16th January 2011, 01:04 PM
Congrats Picko...very nicely done!