PDA

View Full Version : specks on 2 pac satin

Brendon5374
16th December 2010, 01:26 PM
I know that with high gloss you can wet and dry (1200), buff it back, and get a completely unstippled finish free of those tiny dustmarks.

Every second or third job I get back from the painters has very fine dust specks that leave a stipple finish. Not much, and passable in most jobs. But some people are finicky.

If I need to is there a method of smoothing out satin a bit without affecting the finish too much? I put some polish on once and buffed it, but I made the finish a gloss. Wet and dry leaves swirls and fine lines. I tried 1500 with my sander but that left fine swirl marks.

I don't need a perfect speck/stipple free surface. Just a lot better than it is.

I have changed painters about 4 times. So I'm resigned to the fact from time to time I will get this, and occasionally the customer will arc up about it. Time is a consideration, so just sending it back to the painter is sometimes not an option.

Peter36
21st December 2010, 05:04 PM
Give This Mob (http://www.truelocal.com.au/business/mcf-products/dandenong-south)a go . I used to get 2 pac gloss doors from them - spot on .They have a very big/good set up and I found their prices good.