PDA

View Full Version : Howrya Folks

Alleycat
16th December 2010, 08:48 PM
Hey Guys,

Thought i should say hello seeing as i continually and up landing on these forums when searching for info on the web, and have met a few of you personally in my time in oz so time to take steps into the community!

My name is Iarainn O' Duinn (Ian Dunne to you non gaelic speaking folks)
29 years old, Born n raised west coast of ireland close to a place called Sligo, trained initially as a luthier then on to a degree in fine furniture design.
Worked for a couple of years then travelled, got involved in building festival structures and sculptures and spent time working at burning man in the US for many years and many other festivals worldwide building temples a la david best.

Ended up coming to australia in dec '08 to work at the amazing woodford folk festival and fell in love with the place. Been here ever since, originally lived in melbourne and worked for A J Cooks fine furniture shop, then moved up north and now spend my time betwen my home in the hills near nimbin and travelling into brisbane to build schmick kitchens for people so i can make money to keep playing in the hills.

Really into natural building, sustainable architechture, earthen materials, roundwood timber framing like ben law's, and bamboo mastery like simon velez's, cradle to cradle is the most inspirational idea/book around and one every designer should read.

Tools i couldnt live without are my estwing, ww2 aus issue machete(new find and favourite now im working with boo), ts-55, and my dozuki.

Also a home brew stout fanatic!

looking forward to learning from the wealth and depth of these pages and peoples
Cheers
Ian

3 toed sloth
16th December 2010, 09:04 PM
Hi Ian, and welcome.:2tsup: Wow, you've certainly done some stuff, and only 29.:U

Looking forward to seeing some of your work.:)

cookie48
16th December 2010, 11:24 PM
Ian. Welcome

munruben
17th December 2010, 10:43 AM
Hi Ian and welcome.:2tsup:

artme
17th December 2010, 02:31 PM
G'day Ian and welcome to the brotherhood!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Christos
18th December 2010, 12:44 AM
Welcome to the forum.