PDA

View Full Version : Nothing to do with woodworking

John Doyle
16th December 2010, 09:44 PM
I have a Electrolux 3 way caravan fridge it is a model RM4400 I am having trouble lighting it, when i depress the control valve it lights up ok but will not continue when i let the control go. Does anyone have any idea of how i can adjust or clean the control valve assembly, i feel that this would be all that is required but do not know how to go about it.

Enfield Guy
17th December 2010, 08:22 AM
Probably an issue with the thermocouple ( flame failure device ). It might not be in the flame or it may just be stuffed. Should be able to get a spare though.

John Doyle
17th December 2010, 08:33 AM
Thanks for your reply, do you know where i may be able to get a diagram or picture of the device so that i can attempt to repair it. JD

issatree
17th December 2010, 04:33 PM
Hi JD,
I hope I'm not trying to tell how to suck eggs, but many years ago, the same happened to us. Solution was, our Motor Home was not Level & just refused to light.
Regards,
issatree.

John Doyle
17th December 2010, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the reply level is not the problem.
I have dismantled and cleaned the valves and controls and to my amazement the thing is back working perfectly.
Thanks for your help.
Cheers.
John Doyle

RETIRED
18th December 2010, 02:01 PM
Another thing that happens with these if they are used infrequently is wasps build a nest in the tube.

John Doyle
21st December 2010, 04:24 PM
Mate you just might have got the solution to the problem, the thing seemed to go after i blew out the whole body etc and then i cleaned the jet and surrounds.
Cheers JD