PDA

View Full Version : Slim Line Pencil Assembly

cookie48
20th December 2010, 01:09 AM
Gentlemen.:rolleyes:
I have the instructions, but I still have trouble putting the damn Slimline Pencil kit together. At one end is a little washer that keeps coming off and not shown on instructions where it goes.:~
Any assistance would be appreciated.:U
So far I have lost 3 kits due to my dumbness.:(
Cookie

gawdelpus
20th December 2010, 05:25 PM
Might need a little more detail , is it a slim kit ,twist action or click :) should be easily sorted , even a photo posted would be a big help , cheers ~ John

cookie48
20th December 2010, 11:51 PM
John. Slim line click. It is a star washer. Have checked all my kits and they are all loose in the bag.Will take pic and post.
Thanks

gawdelpus
21st December 2010, 04:55 AM
Sounds like the "star washer" is a nigger in the woodpile , In a couple of years penturning I have never seen one in a pen or pencil kit I have done ? Where is the kit from , I checked a few of my suppliers and their instructions ,no sign of one on any of those either , It may well be that if it is small enough it is used to stop the mechanism turning when you thread the nib end on to the pencil activator on assembly . Cheers ~ John

cookie48
21st December 2010, 01:26 PM
Sorry to have created a problem folks. It now appears the star washer was a damn nigger in the woodpile. Have dry assemled again and discarded said offending thing and have them working great. It seems I got a batch of pencils with extra in for some reason.
Thanks for your assistance.
Cookie

Buzz
22nd December 2010, 12:02 AM
Instruction are on my site here:

Pencil Assembly Instructions (http://www.australianwoodcraft.com.au/Pencil-PPKS-Assembly.htm)

I don't think that the kits came from me, but if they did let me know and I'll go through them to remove the extra piece.

cookie48
22nd December 2010, 12:41 AM
Buzz. No kits did not come from you. Hace copied your instrutions tho. They are clearer than the one I have at the moment. Thans for your assitance