PDA

View Full Version : Gday from Townsville

pedrogb
24th December 2010, 11:55 AM
Hi all
I am a long time follower of the site, based in Townsville. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching a couple of the long term projects in the workbench section.
I have built my own with a pine frame, a Kreg jig, and a big piece of recycled bowling lane!
The next project is a version of the new fangled worbench , with pipe clamps in a central well. I will also being making some toys for the kids.
Regards
Pedro

munruben
24th December 2010, 04:52 PM
Nice work Pedro, welcome aboard:2tsup:

Spanner69
24th December 2010, 06:29 PM
Hello fellow townsvillian.

Love the bench. I am not much of a woodworker .... more of a fulltime parent, full time worker and full time wanna be woodworker.

Would love to chat re bits and bobs.

By the way .... where did you get some recycle bowling alley from? Sounds great.

pedrogb
24th December 2010, 07:55 PM
It would appear I am in the same position as you, full time work, full time family, play in the shed when I can.
The bowling alley bench top came when Mt Louisa lanes closed earlier this year, they had an ad in the paper, sellling off the timber. I raced off from work in my lunch break, and picked up a big length of lane and 5 lengths of 10 x 2 DAR pine as well for a very good price. Apparently someone came in before me and bought all the timber they had, I picked up some scraps!
Regards
Pedro

artme
24th December 2010, 08:55 PM
G'day Pedro and welcome to the club!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

At least the recycled bowling lane will be accustomed to a few heavy blows.:D

Christos
25th December 2010, 08:34 PM
Welcome to the forum. Nice bench. Gone bowling recently, I think not. Missing part of the lane. :U