PDA

View Full Version : Coloured Clouds

trevorZ
11th November 2004, 08:49 AM
:cool: Took these photos Monday after a storm and just on sunset. It's an eerie feeling when a fair bit of the sky is not a normal colour. :cool: :cool:

bitingmidge
11th November 2004, 10:17 AM
Nice shots!

I guess that's what happens when someone get's up Thor's nose!!

:D :D :D
Cheers,

P

Bob Willson
11th November 2004, 03:23 PM
What do you mean Peter? Is that all Thor's snot then??

fxst
12th November 2004, 05:51 PM
if it is Bob he's got a thor nose now
Pete

trevorZ
14th November 2004, 01:08 PM
:eek: I reckon this bloke would be thor, :D
took this pic last summer, it was a hot day and we know how they hang in hot weather but I think this fella is stretching it a bit. :)

DanP
14th November 2004, 11:38 PM
The first thing that came to mind when I saw the first pic. Ben and Glock probably did too. Sorry couldn't help meself. :rolleyes:

RETIRED
14th November 2004, 11:45 PM
A red dot is easier. :D

Ben from Vic.
14th November 2004, 11:46 PM
;) :D :D

Sure does look like that.

Trev, how did you get the round edges on your photo?
Did you take a photo through a telescope or something?

Your other photos look like Bush Fire Moon.

Ben.

Iain
15th November 2004, 07:59 AM
Took these after arrival at some ungodly hour at yet another horse event, we get to see some lovely sunrises :(

Tikki
16th November 2004, 09:45 AM
Beautiful pics Trevor and Iain (particularly the sunrise).

This one is not as colourful, but very calming - sunset over the Murray at Tailem Bend, SA.

trevorZ
16th November 2004, 11:40 PM
Nice pics of yours Tikki and Iain, here's a 5am shot ,must have been going to
work as I never get out of bed that early otherwise.
Ben I took that photo through a pair of binoculars, well half of a pair. Really suprised me how good it turned out,I took a few like that just messing about and I can't remember if it was zoomed in or out when you get the circle ,looks pretty neat though. If I ever buy another digital camera it will have lots of optical zoom, current one has 3x optical and 6x digital but the digital gets a bit fuzzy on high zoom, must try the rifle scope one day.
Is a bush fire moon one viewed through smoke clouds?

Ben from Vic.
16th November 2004, 11:57 PM
Is a bush fire moon one viewed through smoke clouds?

Yep, looks dusty orange, or so the movie goes.
Think it happens in real life to, not sure though. :o

The photo's pretty good consider you took it through binoculars. Well done. ;)

Ben.

Bob Willson
17th November 2004, 04:54 AM
Hi trevorZ
Digital zoom is garbage. It doesn't really zoom at all. All it does is concentrate on a smaller amount of information and then makes that fill the screen. Optical zoom actually magnifies the image you are looking at.

Iain
17th November 2004, 07:49 AM
Great marketing tool though Bob, I've seen video camera's with a 'Super' 400x digital zoom.
Wow, what great quality that would be :p .
My new camera is 12meg and 6x optical, it has 3x digital which is permanently switched off.
10x optical is a bit difficult to handle unless you have a tripod and tends to compress everything too much, optically not digitally.
They have all come a long way though, next try shooting through a microscope, the results can be incredible, much the same as a monocular.
Trevor, were you standing next to me when you took that pic?

trevorZ
17th November 2004, 09:58 AM
5am, just woke up, half dark, looking at the clouds, busting for a p**, yeah I could have been standing beside you. :D :D

Kris.Parker1
29th November 2004, 05:06 PM
Ha ha, I think you blokes should be on the amateur photographers forum - ha ha