PDA

View Full Version : Pepper grinder

gawdelpus
29th December 2010, 05:44 PM
Did this one for my sister :) Slight variation on my previous efforts ,same basic design but this time I cast some peppercorns into the Top section , The timber is Purple gidgee had some flaws needed fixing , but nevertheless it came up ok .I got some help on this from Neil (dai sensei) He went wood hunting on Monday ,and yesterday he cut up about 50 pepper mill blanks ,sharpened his bandsaw blade twice hehe. got some lovely blanks though ,be busy for a while on that lot :) . Cheers ~ John

wolften
29th December 2010, 05:57 PM
Great looking grinder John.
A nice touch with the peppercorns in the top.

dai sensei
29th December 2010, 10:50 PM
Can't really see it in the photo, but this is Acacia crombiei and has swirls of brown, yellows, greens and purples at the moment as it is still a bit green. The greens/yellows will turn more purple as it ages, hopefully it won't crack, but it still takes a beautiful finish. The swirling grain is more obvious on the other side where there is a large fault/hole that John filled with coffee/sawdust/CA.

Sawdust Maker
30th December 2010, 08:54 AM
Very nice pepper grinder that :bravaWell done

I bought a kit a while ago from GPW to try my hand at one
(in fact so long ago it's probably gone rusty :doh:)

MAKEITOUTOFWOOD
30th December 2010, 12:13 PM
Fantastic grinder. Your sister is going to love it.

munruben
31st December 2010, 02:12 PM
Looks good John, your sister will love it.:2tsup:

wm460
31st December 2010, 06:42 PM
Excellent grinder John. Your sister is going to love it.
I have a couple of CWS grinder in the shed, but they have a shaft that goes through the top with a threaded nob to hold the top on. How did you get around this?

gawdelpus
31st December 2010, 06:53 PM
Excellent grinder John. Your sister is going to love it.
I have a couple of CWS grinder in the shed, but they have a shaft that goes through the top with a threaded nob to hold the top on. How did you get around this?

I use the crush grinders with a 25 year manufactures warranty :) Carrols have them and maybe other places as well . With these they have a spring tensioned adapter that is fitted to the top section ,just slides off the shaft when a topup is necessary .the adjustment is in the bottom and will set from fine to coarse and maintain its settings until you want a different grind , Chefs love these as no fiddly bits to drop and lose hehe.

Cheers ~ John

Allan at Wallan
31st December 2010, 07:21 PM
Great result ... your sister will be proud of it.:2tsup:

Allan