PDA

View Full Version : shark fishing

sandant
12th November 2004, 08:50 AM
On a tour of Oz, the Pope took a couple of days off to visit the ocean for someome sightseeing. He was cruising along the beach in his car when there was a frantic commotion just off the shore.

A helpless man wearing an All Black rugby jersey and hat was struggling frantically to free himself from the jaws of a 25-foot shark.

As the Pope watched, horrified, a speedboat came racing up with three men wearing Green And Gold Wallaby jerseys.

One quickly fired a harpoon into the shark`s side. The other two reached out and pulled the mauled, bleeding and semiconscious Kiwi from the water. Then, using long clubs, the three beat the shark to death and hauled it into the boat.

Immediately the Pope shouted and summoned them to the beach. "I give you my blessing for your brave actions," he told them. "I heard that there was some bitter hatred between NZ and Australia, but now I have seen with my own eyes that is not true."

When the Pope drove off, the harpooner asked his mates "Who was that?"

"It was the Pope," one replied. "He is in direct contact with God and has access to all of God's wisdom."

"Well," the harpooner said "he may have access to God's wisdom but he doesn't know diddly squat about shark fishing......is the bait holding up okay or do we need to get another one?"