PDA

View Full Version : Luna Sawbench

TSHSR
13th November 2004, 10:29 AM
Hi All, I have been looking for a good 'old' sawbench, for some months, being a tool freak, I have a problem with most of the new gear that seems to be a bit light or has significant let downs in accuracy. I have been down the Triton avenue, while OK wasn't really suitable for the work required.
(If I had $4k the problem is solved)
Most of the work is trimming 40mm solid core doors and then making merbua treads and other trim for doors
I have been offered a Luna 10" (Swedish about 16 - 18 yrs old) with a sliding table and dust extractor/collector for $2K

I believe Luna is out of busines now, but can anyone give me any feedback on the Luna machines, I would also like to find the table/surface planer attachment for it if I buy one.
Thanks for any help
Tony

MOM
9th December 2004, 10:25 AM
Tony

If you do a search for "Luna" in Woodwork Forums you will come across a few entries, some of them mine. My experience to date is that Luna products, especially the saw, are very good quality but that you will have very little luck in finding other users and/or suppliers here or overseas.

Good luck.

Michael O'M

bewdynewk
31st January 2005, 03:38 AM
TAMA Tools & Machinery P/L in Woodcroft, S.A. seem to have a range of Luna machinery (but no tablesaws). Try -

www.tama.com.au (http://www.tama.com.au/)

...look under Aluminium Fabricating Equipment - they have several types of saws and various other special purpose machines. For those into chopping aluminium, they also have Luna saw blades and a very interesting-looking spray mist lubricator/coolant system... this is the only one (aside from industrial high-end stuff) I've ever seen in Australia and which may suit the home shop.

Don't know if this is the same Luna Co. of 20 or so years ago.

Rod