PDA

View Full Version : More Pepper Grinders

gawdelpus
5th January 2011, 10:39 PM
Well with the xmas sales over for my pens ,I have some time to do other things ,at the moment I am trying to get a stock of Pepper grinders going :). Did this one today in Budgeroo and the other one last week in a piece of NG Quilla to play with a simpler design :) My woodturning skills are concentrated on small pen bodies hehe,and my tools not up to these bigger lumps ,so most of the work was done on my metal lathe as that comes naturally to me as a retired fitter and turner . The budgeroo has lovely color and grains ,needed one borer hole repaired ,finished to 1200 emery then u-beaut XXX and finished with 2 coats of glow :) By the time I work my way through Neils (dai sensei) wood pile I should just about have the hang of these things lol. cheers ~ John

dai sensei
5th January 2011, 11:50 PM
Gotta love the grain of that budgeroo one :cool::2tsup: Should sell them easy at Tamborine market :p

I've got your other 25 figured grinder blanks of Hairy Oak, Maple, Gidgee, Sandlewood, Qld Walnut, Lancewood, Citris (lime?), Bluegum, Foxtail Palm, Camphor Laurel, and that mystery wood from the raids on George McNab's and Mapleman's timber stashes here waiting for you :wink: Plenty of practice ahead of you :U

artme
6th January 2011, 07:18 AM
Great turning there John and a nice range of timbers!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Sawdust Maker
6th January 2011, 10:51 AM
John,
Nice work

I've got your other 25 figured grinder blanks of Hairy Oak, Maple, Gidgee, Sandlewood, Qld Walnut, Lancewood, Citris (lime?), Bluegum, Foxtail Palm, Camphor Laurel, and that mystery wood from the raids on George McNab's and Mapleman's timber stashes here waiting for you :wink: Plenty of practice ahead of you :U

Now I've got wood envy :p

Ed Reiss
6th January 2011, 12:39 PM
Hmmmm...almost sounds cheating to use the metal working lathe,but if that makes life easier - go for it:D

Nicely done John :2tsup:

Nai84
7th January 2011, 02:23 AM
Well done mate nice shapes and I really like that first one nice timber :2tsup:

Ian