PDA

View Full Version : Vic Wood's Clearance Sale

ubeaut
16th November 2004, 07:49 AM
Here's a little something for those of you who live in Victoria or don't mind a bit of travel for a bargain or two.

Noted Australian woodturner Vic Wood is having a massive clearance sale of timber, tools and lots of other good stuff he has been collecting (hoarding) over the years.

Cheers - Neil :)

VIC WOOD’S WOODTURNING WORKSHOPS

HUGE

STOCKTAKING SALE OF WOOD AND TOOLS

SATURDAY 27<SUP>TH </SUP>& SUNDAY 28<SUP>TH </SUP>NOVEMBER 8AM – 4PM

31 WRIDGWAY AVENUE BURWOOD, VICTORIA

HUGE DISCOUNTS - UP TO 50% OFF<O:p

TIMBER and NEW P & N WOODTURNING TOOLS

SOME BLANKS WAXED UP TO 2FT IN DIAMETER<O:p</O:p

Pen Blanks, Wine Stopper Blanks, mixed species 50%

Pen mechanism, Pen mandrels, End Dressers.<O:p</O:p

Used Woodturning tools. Ultimate bar Tools 50% off

Scroll chucks New & used, Coil Chuck, Engineer Chuck, Collet Chuck.

Reversing Mandrels, Screw plates, face plates,

Vacuum plates, new and used.

Bottles of screws, bolts, nails.

Finishing material, oils, waxes etc up to 50% off.

WOODTURNING BOOKS AND MAGAZINES<O:p</O:p

Grinding Wheels 8” – 6” New and Used

Sandpaper Sheets, velour Sheets. Air Hose some fittings.

Hand Tools, Chisels, Saws, Drill Bits, Dawn Bench Vice.

Turner No 6 Fore Plane, Motors, Electric Drills, Router & Bits

Measuring tools, Tapes, rulers, Calipers, Dividers

No Pre-Selling

ubeaut
25th November 2004, 05:39 PM
Been around to Vics place today. Boy has he got a lot of good stuff to sell on the weekend. Well worth a look for everyone but especially for woodturners.

Lots of new turning tools (mostly P&N) up to 50% off. Heaps of books and magazines at rediculously low prices. Tons of fantastic turning blanks of exotic and beautifuly figured timber as well boards of exotic timber for furniture etc. all dressed so you can see what you are getting.

Well worth a look. But be early the gates open at 8am Saturday and he tells me there are dozens who have rung to say they wil be there for the opening.

True to his word, there has been no pre selling, so the early birds will definitely be the ones who catch the worms.

Cheers - Neil :D

barnsey
25th November 2004, 06:20 PM
Damn - why do all these things happen at the other end of the country, especially when its someone you could call a hero :eek:

Jamie

Gumby
25th November 2004, 06:23 PM
Is this an official 'Foil hat' day ?

reeves
26th November 2004, 01:27 PM
mm low cost chucks ... yum
if someone can grab me a vicmarc or similar to fit an MC900, for under $100 i will reward them handsomely...

PM if possible

thanks

Neil
27th November 2004, 12:18 PM
Am at Vic Woods at the moment. There has been a heap of sales this morning but there is a heap of really good stuff left. Tons of magnificent huon pine and blackwood boards, lots of beautiful Jarrah and Coolibah burl bowl blanks in a wide variety of sizes. Lots of pen and wine stopper blanks. Still a good selection of tools including router and planes etc. Lots, lots more.

I have picked p a couple of goodies for myself. If you have the time come and see what you can get for yourself. It is on again tomorrow and Vic doesn't want to put any of it away. Personally I reckon he will look at any REASONABLE offer on some of the things.

Cheers - Neil :)

PS Me, Beaut, and Julie are off to the theatre thisarvo. Suffer peasants.