PDA

View Full Version : A pearlex question

Reece
21st January 2011, 12:04 AM
I read a few comments saying that pearlex will create it's own swirls. My question is, when mixing the powder in, do you mix it until it has dissolved through the resin completely? That is, will the resin just look as though it is one solid boring colour, and then take on a bit of character while it is curing?

Thanks all,

mkypenturner
21st January 2011, 06:56 AM
will be watching the responses

dj_pnevans
21st January 2011, 09:23 AM
As soon as you start mixing it and when you pour it you will se it to. Give it a go it is fun.
David

dai sensei
21st January 2011, 08:28 PM
It doesn't dissolve. It starts off floating, then you must mix the resin until it has completely mixed in, sort of in suspension and why it has a swirling look. Definately not single boring colour.

Reece
21st January 2011, 10:17 PM
Ah great, that sounds like it'll look good. There goes this weekend haha...

Thanks all.

mkypenturner
21st January 2011, 11:26 PM
dont forget to post pics of results please

dai sensei
22nd January 2011, 08:49 AM
See here (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f204/been-busy-casting-104447/) for examples of my WW casts with Pearlex, you can easily see the "swirls"

Reece
29th January 2011, 08:47 PM
Well, tomorrow I should have a few photos of casts and finished barrels to show off. And you're dead right Neil, there are plenty of swirls.

Easy stuff to use too.

NewLondon88
30th January 2011, 05:25 AM
Well, tomorrow I should have a few photos of casts and finished barrels to show off. And you're dead right Neil, there are plenty of swirls.

Easy stuff to use too.

I think it might be impossible to get it NOT to swirl!
Fun stuff to use

Seer
20th March 2011, 01:54 AM
I was told to keep it from sinking to the bottom to use a toothpick to slowly keep the pearlex suspneded until it jelled. It is a very cool product.