PDA

View Full Version : Irritated

Termite
18th November 2004, 03:26 PM
I may have just made an ar*e of myself (yes again) by sending a PM to the tool shop bloke about his jumping in on every thread about tools this afternoon. His initial posted offer was ok in my opinion but he is starting to irritate me. Right or wrong? :confused:

silentC
18th November 2004, 03:39 PM
Nah, you're right. I don't mind people announcing their products and services in the appropriate places but if they start popping up in every thread and saying "hey, I can sell you one of those" they'll wear out their welcome pretty quick. Especially if it's an old post they're responding to.

craigb
18th November 2004, 03:48 PM
Agreed, plus I sent him a PM enquiring about a tool, no response as yet.

DaveInOz
18th November 2004, 04:20 PM
there is a place for blatent self promotion on this board, buy sell swap, or announcments.
I don't have a problem with him offering to supply things people are looking for, in fact it is probably helpful, just keep it current.
The more he adds to the board by way of advise and expert opinion the more lenient I get.

silentC
18th November 2004, 04:24 PM
I don't have a problem with him offering to supply things people are looking for
Where does it end though? Do we want Carbatec, Timbecon, Bunnings and umpteen million US and Asian based companies trawling the forum for keywords and posting helpful little ads everywhere?

Besides, isn't it against the forum rules?

RETIRED
18th November 2004, 07:22 PM
Yep!!!

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/spezial/Fool/bur2.gif

DaveInOz
19th November 2004, 10:02 AM
A few people post on this forum in responce to people looking for tools etc, two cherries, mik, Lee etc. The difference is they do it to be helpful and they do it tactfully.
Tool shop needs to learn tact - the art of making a point without making an enemy.

Driver
19th November 2004, 11:03 AM
The bloke has done himself no favours by plastering the BB with annoying ads thinly disguised as messages.

He should have a look at Rob Lee's contributions. Rob is always helpful, never intrusive. His contributions to this BB only enhance his company's reputation.

Col