PDA

View Full Version : Finising Oil

Wynyard Woodie
29th January 2011, 03:44 PM
G'day all, have been using Organoil, interior clear finising oil for many years, and have found it has been deleted from Organoils range. I am sure there are many top quality products available. Things I liked about the Organoil was the low sheen finish and no drying time. Can anyone suggest a good alternative. All the best, W.W.

d5k
29th January 2011, 09:01 PM
Try Liberon Finishing Oil. I have found it to be good.

cheers

David

TTIT
29th January 2011, 11:06 PM
I've been using Feast-Watson Scandinavian Oil for quite a few years now and always get good results from it :2tsup: - just gets tricky to buff off naturally oily timbers. Have just tried Rustins Danish out of curiosity and wasn't that impressed with the result :shrug: .

brendan stemp
30th January 2011, 10:10 AM
Livos' Kunos oil is excellent. Non toxic, easy to apply. Worth a try. I use it on the recorders I make. Jim Carroll stocks it.

corbs
30th January 2011, 03:37 PM
I will add another vote for Kunos Oil. It's food safe and leaves a nice satin finish with 3-4 coats. I saw a piece at the parents place over Christmas that they have had on a table for the last 18 months. They have done no maintenance (wiping or polishing) and it looks just like it did when I gave it to them:2tsup:... and a little goes a loooooooong way on bowls:wink: