PDA

View Full Version : First steps into the world of pigmented casting

Reece
30th January 2011, 10:23 AM
I've tried clear casting and had success, so I went and bought some pigments from Barnes' to have a play.

Tried the Sky Blue Pearl Ex and won, so I put in a huge order with Dharma Trading for more. Then went back to Barnes and bought a heap of their opaque polyester resin pigments. I now have 40 different pigment options to play with, but not enough time in my day haha...

So anyway, here are the results so far.

Across the top is a simple red and white swirl in honour of the current NRL Premiers, the mighty Dragons. Then from left to right it is:

Reflex Violet and Silver pearl ex x2

Flamingo Pink and Pumpkin Orange pearl ex

Black Opaque with White opaque/Macropearl pearl ex swirl, before and after turning

Sky Blue pearl ex, before and after turning

All cast in ResinSaver moulds, all bubble free. Needless to say, I'm quite happy with my efforts.

Thanks for looking.

dai sensei
30th January 2011, 01:19 PM
Ahh you poor thing, stuck now forever with yet another pen turning addiction, that of casting :U:U:U

Great job, I especially like the red & white one :2tsup:

gawdelpus
30th January 2011, 02:13 PM
Hehe ! just when you think you have a grasp on this addiction ,it takes you by the throat and opens another door lol, there are endless possibilities ,so never boring always something new to try ,enjoy this new doorway lol, cheers ~ John :2tsup:

munruben
30th January 2011, 02:20 PM
Nicely done, I too like the red/white. :2tsup:

dj_pnevans
1st February 2011, 09:40 PM
You will have a lot of fun now. What size did you get and how much?
David

Reece
1st February 2011, 10:33 PM
You will have a lot of fun now. What size did you get and how much?
David

Bought 1kg of clear casting from Barnes, $22 from memory. Next time I'll get 4kg :D

NewLondon88
2nd February 2011, 05:59 AM
[QUOTE=Reece;1270406
All cast in ResinSaver moulds, all bubble free. Needless to say, I'm quite happy with my efforts. QUOTE]

. as well you should be. :2tsup:

You do realize that now you must start advertising blanks for sale.
Otherwise you'll never keep up with all the new things you want to buy/try ..

Reece
2nd February 2011, 08:04 AM
[QUOTE=Reece;1270406
All cast in ResinSaver moulds, all bubble free. Needless to say, I'm quite happy with my efforts. QUOTE]

. as well you should be. :2tsup:

You do realize that now you must start advertising blanks for sale.
Otherwise you'll never keep up with all the new things you want to buy/try ..

haha yeah they'll be up on ebay soon :D