PDA

View Full Version : Marinated lamb backstraps

rsser
30th January 2011, 05:30 PM
Easy and yummy.

Designed for the barbie but will also work in a fry pan.

And where it says, mix with hands, do it thoroughly.

Ashore
30th January 2011, 05:41 PM
Thats what I like a nice simple prepThe only problem is the $41 a kilo for the lamb

fubar
30th January 2011, 06:40 PM
the price of these is incredible these days seems only yesterday was buying at 1.99 kilo (although my butchers does em for $21) and pork ribs were offal and given away for free

rsser
31st January 2011, 10:55 AM
Yeah, they're about $22 a kilo at the local market.

I blame all these cooking shows on TV. Lamb shanks used to be a buck each; now $3. Veal shanks, if you can find them, $4 or more.

ratchet
1st February 2011, 02:39 PM
Thats what I like a nice simple prepThe only problem is the $41 a kilo for the lamb

if you happen to be in Good St Granville , NSW

Tony Francis has back straps @ 18Kg

rsser
1st February 2011, 02:48 PM
Yum.

Ashore did you possibly have lamb fillets in mind at that price?

bsrlee
4th February 2011, 05:27 AM
On Sydney's North Shore, lamb backstrap sells for up to $60 a kilo at the 'regular' butchers - I was too frightened to look for a price on the fillet.

Then you go to the Chinese butcher in a side street & its $22 a kilo - they don't cut their own lamb, it comes in a large vac pack from a well known wholesale butcher as I've seen them unpacking it.

Ricardito
9th February 2011, 10:07 PM
the price of these is incredible these days seems only yesterday was buying at 1.99 kilo (although my butchers does em for $21) and pork ribs were offal and given away for free
Yep those days were fun to shop I remember when the fishmonger just by impulse wrapped few squids and gave them to me for free. Asked why He said Well mate you look like your one of those squid eaters LOL!
Indeed much of the prices hike I blame cooking shows for creating a food fad in my view.

billym
10th February 2011, 07:54 AM
thanks rsser good one.

AlexHW
17th February 2011, 07:36 PM
Yum, thanks rsser, I know what I'm having for dinner. :wink:

aussiebloke82
28th February 2011, 09:31 PM
Mmmmm looks pretty good to me, added to the rotation!