PDA

View Full Version : First crash on the Bianchi

kiwigeo
3rd February 2011, 09:35 AM
Well it was a matter of when not if. Heading over an angled railway crossing on the Bianchi I got my rear wheel into the rail and dropped the bike. Bent the derailleur hanger and de-skinned my elbow but I'm alive. The bike is ok...whacked a new hanger in and no problems. A bit of friction damage to the CF rear derailleur got dressed up with nail varnish.

Now I just have to deal with my new morbid fear of railway crossings. :(

corbs
3rd February 2011, 05:39 PM
Angled railway crossings are bl:oo::oo:dy dangerous, could have been a lot worse for your bike and you:wink:. I caught my front wheel in a small rut on the road today which gave me a quick pucker up moment but I stayed upright:2tsup:

Foo
5th February 2011, 05:42 PM
Been there done that in race many years ago. Three of us went down together.:doh:
They sure drop you in a hurry, thought I broke my leg, as I couldn't move it for around a minute.:(

Carry Pine
6th February 2011, 09:43 PM
You got off lightly my boy!
There is a report on the cycling forum of a guy whose front wheel locks up and then the tube pops. He's in a bad way.

Let me know if you need any celeste paint (only joking).

Graham

kiwigeo
6th February 2011, 10:14 PM
You got off lightly my boy!
There is a report on the cycling forum of a guy whose front wheel locks up and then the tube pops. He's in a bad way.

Let me know if you need any celeste paint (only joking).

Graham

LOL...not much celeste on the 2009 HOC. The frame is mainly black with a few highlights in celeste.

Breaking news..today my best mates gf went down on a railway crossing. same railway line but one town away from where I went down. Shes got pretty much the same injuries as me. She put the bike down on its left side so no damage to the derailleur or other parts of the gear train.

Carry Pine
7th February 2011, 08:03 PM
She put the bike down on its left side so no damage to the derailleur or other parts of the gear train.

I must remember that next time I'm going to ditch it.

Have you seen the Bianchi that can win in RIDE magazine. I suppose you could ask for a few spray cans to go with the package. Very ordinary wheels to go with a $15000 bike!

Graham