PDA

View Full Version : Good service from Hafele

AlexS
20th November 2004, 09:52 PM
Monday lunchtime - rang Hafele to enquire about price on some drawer runners. I don't have an account so was going to mail order & cheque. No worries says the girl, give me the order now.
Tuesday am - I posted the cheque.
Wednesday lunchtime - courier delivers drawer runners, apologises that they weren't here this morning because they spelled my street wrongly.

If they can do it, why can't others?

Sturdee
20th November 2004, 10:39 PM
If they can do it, why can't others?

Maybe they want your business ? or is it that they realise that without good customer service you don't stay in business.

Peter.

GeoffS
21st November 2004, 09:20 AM
Alex - interesting. I'm in the process of doing the same thing (ordering drawer runners from Hafele). I will report on my results also.
I sent emails to all the manufacturers/distributors and Hafele was the only one that sent a useful reply so that was a good start.
Cheers

Iain
23rd November 2004, 10:16 AM
I have never ever had a problem with them, anything I order is posted or couriered and arrives within 48 hours.
Afriend of mine is a shopfitter and has major contracts with Myer and David Jones for their display units, his stuff is trucked out within the hour.
They want the business and are prepared to work for it regardless of the size of the order.
15 out of 10 from me.

GeoffS
5th January 2005, 05:42 PM
I forgot to post at the time - Hafele was excellent - drawer runners arrived within a couple of days (which for Mildura is unusual) - price is good - can not find a thing to complain about other than it took too long to find them.
My contact came from a bit of casual advice from another customer when I was in Miks.
Cheers

MajorPanic
5th January 2005, 08:42 PM
I too have had EXCELLENT service the drawer runners I bought for a workshop cabinet I built ( see thread http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=8456)
Quick, helpful & disregarded the sign on the counter that said "No Cash Sales, Account Only"

Dazaster
5th January 2005, 11:37 PM
They also have an excellent catalogue if you can get hold of one,
hard cover and 3'' thick. This is also available on a cd in pdf format.

Darren

Daddles
6th January 2005, 10:18 AM
This business of it taking days to order stuff always annoys me. When I rode a Yamaha, I used to buy bits for it from Yamaha Pitmans here in Adelaide. If they didn't have the bit, they'd order it from Yamaha in Melbourne - it was always in the shop the next day. So why can't everyone else do that?

Richard