PDA

View Full Version : new shed

Pappy
7th February 2011, 11:15 AM
Folks, I am currently getting quotes for a new shed.

Has anyone had any dealings with Total span?

Anyone purchased a shed from them recently?

Pappy

Pat
7th February 2011, 12:09 PM
I have a Totalspan shed. I got it from the then franchisee, who went belly up after I had paid for it. The Totalspan head office in Queensland did honour the contract.

The shed itself is good and solid.

Pappy
9th February 2011, 07:43 AM
Thanks Pat.

Did you have any issues in the construction?

Pappy.

Pat
9th February 2011, 09:58 AM
No issues with the construction as I had the subby for Totalspan erect. I am a woodwrecker, not a shed builder:U

RufflyRustic
9th February 2011, 10:14 AM
Hi Pappy, I too,have a totalspan shed. It's rock solid, very well built by the Total Span Builder Man. I have not had one problem with it during the last 3-4 years :)

cheers
Wendy

Pappy
9th February 2011, 06:53 PM
Thanks folks for the feed back.

I will be standing it myself ( and a couple of good mates)

I hope to order it tomorrow, it is about $3000 cheaper in price than the same in a ranbuild.

I am about to relocate to yarrawonga and the shed will be 30 m x 7.5 x 2.7. I think I can get everything in:U:2tsup:

Pappy

RETIRED
9th February 2011, 08:15 PM
30 m x 7.5 x 2.7. I hope all your chooks grow hobnail boots and kick your fowlhouse in.:wink:

Ruddy
9th February 2011, 09:46 PM
I can dream cant I ? So much space, think of the stuff you could accumulate in one that size.....Do you have to get a high voltage substation to power it up?:B
Hope it all goes together without a hitch.

Shedblog Au
10th February 2011, 10:01 AM
All sheds are not born equal , they may be the same size but the materials , strength and engineering differ. There are steel sheds that you can buy that meet BCA but will be flimsy and light weight. Are all the materials Bluescope Steel?

Is the dealer a member of the ASI steel shed group? Has the engineering of Total Span shed been accredited ShedSafe by The Australian Steel Institutes ShedSafe accreditation program?

Has the dealer ensured your shed has been designed and engineered specifically for your site, terrain and windspeed? Ist the Engineering generic or site specific? Is your shed an Importance Level 2 building?

These are what I would check before price, if they can tick a majority of these boxes and provide site specific engineering , all bluescope steel etc then cool!

Pappy
12th May 2011, 08:32 PM
Work is finally underway with a few loads of fill arriving on site yesterday.

Just my luke the concreter was ready to start today but it is still raining and they are worried about getting trucks in and out.:C

Hope to have the slab finished by the end of next week, and with a bit of luck the kit will arrive the week after. :2tsup::roll:.