PDA

View Full Version : Festool Basis System

warmtone
22nd November 2004, 12:54 PM
Has anyone had experience with the Festool Basis system?

In particular, I would be interested in hearing feedback on the the Basis/ Router table combination.

Rubber.Piggy
22nd November 2004, 03:22 PM
i'm looking at getting basis my self, but mainly to use with the saw. What I do know is the new saws don't currently work with the basis system, because locking the trigger on to use with the table disables the brake on the saw. So you have to get the old model saw to use with the table. SO i'm waiting a while to see if they are going to bring out a new basis, compatible with the new saws.

warmtone
23rd November 2004, 12:06 PM
The system looks good - but expensive. The cheapest way to start is to buy the complete BASIS saw package - (much cheaper than individually purchasing saw plus module) - but as you point out you get stuck with the old model saw......

There sems to be an issue with the BASIS system keeping up with FESTOOL developments - eg the BASIS Router Module that may not yet accommodate the new OF 1400.

Has anyone found a review on the BASIS system?

Rubber.Piggy
23rd November 2004, 01:03 PM
no reviews, just talking to reps, and seeing in action. I don't think they are available in the US which could explain why there is not much lit about them.

You're right their expensive but i consider the acuracy, cut wuality and portability worth it.

SkidMark
25th November 2004, 02:34 AM
Just bought the OF1400, and will be getting the basis sytem in a few days time. The OF1400 fits on the 6A router table (same as the OF2000). The only difference between the 5A (for the 1010) and the 6A is the strength of the clamps (and bit hole aperture). Precision/everything else is exactly the same, so they say. And its more expensive of course.

silkwood
3rd December 2004, 09:58 PM
If you look at some of the older threads you can read comments on the Basis system. I have the Basis 1A (ATF saw) and the jigsaw table insert. I am EXTREMELY pleased with the system. Accuracy is very good and you can add extension tables easily. costly yes, if you have no need for any mobility I would personally be looking at a dedicated table saw.

dano
11th December 2004, 05:58 AM
Hi,

I have had the basis system for about a year. I bought the basis 2A, the sidetable vl-v 650 (with the cover plate ) and the sliding stop sas 500. A cheap way to turn your standard angle unit wra 500 into a LA 650 (for ripping down timber) buy the stop profile 650mm long and a additional clamp. Sorry have to go out will finish later.
cheers
dan

Medal Collector
25th January 2005, 06:43 PM
I am sure I saw that the 1400 would fit into the 6a module - check out the online news link to the 1400.

nt900
28th January 2005, 10:19 PM
How did you go warmtone, did you end up with a Basis?

warmtone
1st February 2005, 10:25 AM
Not yet,
but still on the wish list (!)