PDA

View Full Version : A Glue that dries white

shellyshed
13th February 2011, 09:37 AM
My boss has just asked me too see if I can find a wood glue that when dry is white in colour.I have looked on the internet and all I can find is yellow glue which dries yellow does anybody know of any such glue.

tea lady
13th February 2011, 11:18 AM
Dunno! Do you want a white glue line to show or something! Wouldn't tinting epoxy make white? Put some whiting in it, or titanium oxide. (From pottery supplies? ) 10%ish? :think:

Toymaker Len
13th February 2011, 01:37 PM
Yep, as TL says, epoxy with white tint is one way.

mspil
1st March 2011, 10:45 PM
Bote Cote Epox-E-Glue is white, and dries to a white, slightly pearlescent colour. (Actually, that is badly worded, as white is not a colour, it is an absence of colour; but I'm sure you know what I mean).

issatree
1st March 2011, 11:01 PM
Shelly Shed,
Yes, we use 1 in Our Shed, Polyurethane, not exactly white, but pretty close.
Is waterproof, fills gaps, $18, a bottle.You need to wear gloves, as it black marks your fingers, & won't come off, for quite awhile.

Chikoroll
1st March 2011, 11:42 PM
Nightingale PUA Cartridge

Scott-DMS
2nd March 2011, 02:23 PM
Yes you could just use the epo-e-glue from bote cote but it is definitely the cheaper option to add pigment to a epoxy

Robson Valley
24th April 2011, 04:04 AM
I'd use RTV white bathtub silicone and clamp the job to get as thin a glue line as you desire. That crap never comes off.

Mr Brush
24th April 2011, 12:16 PM
Epoxy plus a drop or two of literally any old white paint you have lying around.....works just fine.