PDA

View Full Version : Triton Router fitted but....

Jock_Jock
22nd November 2004, 09:33 PM
The upgraded router plate arrived today. (4 working days and $15.15 all up direct from Triton)
I have just fitted the router and noticed a couple of things.
Firstly the router wont come all the way up throught the table. Even when switched off the collet sits level with the plastic insert and I have to take it out to get the spanner on the collet. Is this normal? Does it explain why the spanner has a slight offset. It would appear that fitting the new adaptor plate limits the travel by approx 8mm. Is this the same for others?

Secondly, the router insert plat sitslightl poud of the table. If you lay a straight edge along the fence and across the insert it is flush at the edges then the table top slopes away by approximately 1-2 mm on each side. is this normal? The router table is a a RTA300 and is a couple of years old. its just that I only looked really closely tonight.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Jock

Gumby
22nd November 2004, 09:48 PM
When you say it's switched off, do you mean that the plastic slide switch on the router itself is in the off position. If it isn't , the router won't come all the way up.

Jock_Jock
22nd November 2004, 09:58 PM
Yes - The switch is offon the router and the plastic cover is in place

routermaniac
22nd November 2004, 10:58 PM
With regards to the offset that you noticed, I had the same problem... in fact my rails for the sliding table were also a little misaligned. It did take a good hour to play with it and get it all right and you may have to do a little sanding and a little filing (unfortunately) :D...

Nevertheless once you get it going it seems to work like most orange things... very well ;)

Back to the collet..., dont really know how tall it should sit because I've made my own base plate for the triton router... mine means the top of the nut sits at about the same level as the plastic insert washer... not really a problem as you should need very little force to tighten the bit in place on the triton router (unlike my old GMC :D ), and as you say the wrench is offset anyway.