PDA

View Full Version : G'Day from South Brisbane

Ozziespur
16th February 2011, 03:35 PM
Howdy,

We're about to move in to a new PPOR and the wife has a list of projects as long as her arm.

Hoping to start at the top of her list and work my way through using this site as a valuable ally. My wife seems to think all men are genetically a tradesman & although I'm not a tradesman I hope to emulate one in the quaility of work .... with a little time & a lot of patience !! :2tsup:

Grommett
16th February 2011, 04:03 PM
You will find this a useful and friendly place to hang out. Welcome. Whats a PPOR? Oh hang on Principle place of residence. Cheers

Ozziespur
16th February 2011, 04:19 PM
You will find this a useful and friendly place to hang out. Welcome. Whats a PPOR? Oh hang on Principle place of residence. Cheers

Sorry, been hanging out on property forums too long ! :B

crowie
16th February 2011, 05:13 PM
G'Day "Ozziespur" and welcome to a top forum,
The good thing about a big list of jobs is new tools and a bigger shed.
Enjoy your woodwork.
Cheers, Crowie

munruben
16th February 2011, 06:38 PM
Hi and welcome, sounds like you got some hard work ahead.:):2tsup:

Grommett
16th February 2011, 07:25 PM
I was just reflecting, my 40 year involvement with woodworking started with buying the first house. Started with basic tools, led on to a workbench, making/restoring furniture the rest is history. Then you retire and take up turning. So many tools, so little time.

Christos
18th February 2011, 07:36 PM
Welcome to the forum. Your wife is right but not just men. We all have the ability to travel a little towards making things and even aspire to being tradeperson like.