PDA

View Full Version : Letter from the Chaplain 30 Jan 2011

PenTurner
17th February 2011, 10:26 AM
This letter really encouraged me, I have typed it out for easier reading. A handwritten letter is something special. This Letter belongs to YOU who have given freely, Thank You,:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: Amos:)
Tarin Kaut, Afghanistan
Wed 26 January 2011.
Dear Amos,
My dear Sir/friend /countryman,
I want to thank you for forwarding the magnificent
"Pens for the Troops" parcel which I received
and have enjoyed distributing over several Bases in my
travels. Many soldiers, both male & female, plus some RAAF and Navy who are here, have received these,
and have been delighted!! I need to prctise my handwriting skills myself!! as my writing is untidy,
but the Epistle is written on my my heart. Thanks to ALL your contributing Members,please.
God Bless you all,
Chaplain Steve Cloudsdale

There it is, my how uplifting, God Bless our Troops, Amos

PenTurner
18th February 2011, 08:14 AM
I wrote to Chaplain Steve Cloudsdale via email, here is a portion of his reply----

If it is convenient with you, I would be pleased to call into your Office and say G'day personally and pass on my personal thanks for your incredibly generous and thoughtful efforts "....for the Troops", that you may in turn pass this on to your Forum Members. (I am thinking of October; Do you meet up with others, or is it mainly on-line?)

Please pray for the protection of our Troops. Last week I had to take a Memorial Service and Ramp Ceremony for a young 22 YO whom we sent home to grieving loved ones/Family & Mates.

Best wishes to you and your Members.

Steve

CHAPLAIN G. S. (Steve) Cloudsdale

Jim Carroll
18th February 2011, 08:30 AM
Amos if it is convenient he could meet up with forum members at the working with wood show in Melbourne 21-23rd of October.

Always gratifying to get a response like this.

cookie48
18th February 2011, 11:07 AM
Thankyou Padre.
God bless all out troops.

PenTurner
18th February 2011, 12:31 PM
Jim, I have copied your request and put it into a private email to the Chaplain, will let you know of response, Thanks Amos:2tsup::)

PenTurner
18th February 2011, 03:32 PM
Thank you Amos

I will do whatever it takes to be in Melb at that time.

I have commitments in NSW until late morning on the 21st Oct, but would then travel to Melb if my way is clear to do that.

I may be able to combine a trip to Melb with a work visit to some of our soldiers in Victoria.

Where is the event held?

Blessings

Steve

CHAPLAIN G. S. (Steve) Cloudsdale

Jim Carroll
18th February 2011, 09:51 PM
Amos if you can let them know it is at the Melbourne showgrounds.

I_wanna_Shed
19th February 2011, 10:19 AM
Wow. What fantastic correspondence here. Well done Amos and to everyone involved.

:2tsup: :2tsup: :2tsup: :2tsup:

Sawdust Maker
21st February 2011, 09:13 PM
That's great

wonder if I can get time off to visit the Vic WWW show and meet the padre

Rippa
22nd February 2011, 11:57 PM
Great to hear that the pens are getting well distributed around the troops.
Well done Amos and forum members :2tsup:

Rippa