PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Pallet Challenge Mk II - Register here

Pages : [1] 2

RufflyRustic
23rd February 2011, 04:24 PM
2011 Pallet Challenge Mk II

Make something, anything from a standard pallet.

Start Date: Tuesday, 1st March 2011
Finish Date and Photo Submission: 6pm Saturday, 9th April 2011

Voting Opens: sometime Sunday, 10th April 2011
Voting Closes: 6 pm Sunday, 17 April 2011

Materials:
Entrants to obtain ONE standard size shipping timber pallet (approximately 1200mm x 1200mm). It must be made of timber only (eg not plywood, mdf or chipboard). It can be brand new, weathered, falling to pieces, burnt, any state at all provided it’s solid timber and it’s a pallet.

No other timber is allowed, although 20% of the total material may be of a different material. For example it could be stainless steel for a negative detail, hinges, runners, handles or knobs etc.

Construction:
You can use any form of construction, dowels and biscuits are allowed. Use every single bit or the smallest splinter of the pallet to create your master piece.

How to Enter:
Entry is open to all Forumites. Please register by posting “I’m in” or similar within this thread.

The entry must be started and (hopefully) finished within the competition dates.

Submissions:
All entries must be sent via email to RufflyRustic by 6 pm Saturday, 9th April 2011. I'll send the details to all entrants a little closer to the submission date.

Please send in 5 photos of your project, including a photo of the pallet you picked up. All pictures must be sent via email to RufflyRustic on or before the finishing time and date, 6pm 9th April 2011.

Photos sent must meet the same criteria as the Forum Photo standards as this will make it easier for you to send in your submission and for us to create the photo vote thread.

Please send in a few pictures of your pallet and project even if it's unfinished, so we can still have a look at what you were up to.

Judging:
Judging will be in two parts. Part One will be an average score derived from the input of three anonymous Judges. Part Two will be from the results of an anonymous poll on the forums, this keeps it nice, easy, clean and fair.

The poll will be open from the day the photo thread is up and will close at 6pm on the following Sunday, 10th April 2011.

In the event of a draw, the final decision will be made by forum administrators Ubeaut and , both of whom have judged at national level.

Please Note: If you blog your entry, post pictures of your entry anywhere, or identify your work before the voting closes, you will be disqualified.http://www.ubeaut.biz/nono.gif

Prizes:

1st Place: 3 Shapton glass stones #1000, #4000 and #8000
2nd Place: Book - 500 Cabinets
3rd Place: Book - The Woodworkers Technique Bible

Most Creative Use of a Pallet Award - 2 vintage (1881) JB Addis carving gouges

So who is in? :U Register away! :2tsup:

Claw Hama
24th February 2011, 10:33 AM
I'm in

waveink
24th February 2011, 10:47 AM
I'm in

issatree
24th February 2011, 11:18 AM
I'm in.

Now I will have to learn to put Photos on The Forums.

spencer411
24th February 2011, 03:46 PM
I'm in

RufflyRustic
24th February 2011, 04:15 PM
I'm in.

Now I will have to learn to put Photos on The Forums.

So long as you can attach them to an email, you'll be fine Issatree. Submission will be via sending the photos to me via email. Please don't post any WIPs of your entry or photos any where, until after the Challenge has finished and voting has closed.

tea lady
24th February 2011, 04:47 PM
:2tsup: Will have to go pallet hunting again! :cool:

I'm in! :U

coffenup
24th February 2011, 09:12 PM
count me in
regards michael

RufflyRustic
27th February 2011, 11:24 AM
News Just In!!!!:)

The Pallet Challenge Mk II deadline is being extended by 2 weeks.

The Challenge will now close on Saturday, 6 pm, 9 April!!

Cheers
Wendy

Pagie
27th February 2011, 06:19 PM
im in

Claw Hama
27th February 2011, 08:24 PM
Thanks Wendy, that takes the pressure off a bit, tomorrow I'll go on the hunt for the perfect pallet

springwater
27th February 2011, 09:32 PM
At the risk of sounding like our Lleyton :meg: COME ON :gaah:

Here's a chance to show some respect for some beloved and humble tree that's
become a sad neglected pallet, wasting away in some cold damp corner :kickcan: :weeping:

Think of all those threads and posts spouting about the way to do this and that with this and that with scary sharp, raked teeth, cross linked, WOPs, BLOs, A1, M2, E=mc2, soul scraping, scary flat, skewed skews, and Bowtie Sedonas just to mention some :rolleyes: :U

:brucelee: Use the force and transform a pallet into something of beauty or ugly, whatever, just make it meaningful :flowers2:

For anyone who's having trouble getting going due to the lack of a Pallet source or being able to break one down into usable pieces or for transportation around the Melbourne area, I can make a limited offer of providing a few intact, in pieces, one piece, half a piece, de-nailed, painted pink with orange spots, whatever. Please PM me to work something out.

I hope I haven't turned you off :doh: :-

Skew ChiDAMN!!
27th February 2011, 10:13 PM
Does turning a pallet into a couple of hundred pens count? :innocent:

cookie48
27th February 2011, 10:14 PM
I will give it a go, but.

I'M In

RufflyRustic
28th February 2011, 10:19 AM
Does turning a pallet into a couple of hundred pens count? :innocent:

:rotfl: Yes :D

jredburn
28th February 2011, 10:47 AM
I'm in, if Florida is OK
Joe

RufflyRustic
28th February 2011, 10:56 AM
Sure is OK, Joe :2tsup:

cheers
Wendy

RufflyRustic
1st March 2011, 10:02 AM
Wow - we have just had another wonderful prize donated by one of our Forumite Members.

A BIG Thank you to the very generous People who have donated these Prizes. :thanx2:

John T
3rd March 2011, 07:59 PM
i,m in

Christos
3rd March 2011, 09:12 PM
I 'm in.

Now to find a pallet.

RufflyRustic
3rd March 2011, 09:53 PM
What a lovely list of entrants there are :2tsup:

how are people going? Finding pallets ok?:) Hopefully some design ideas are starting to brew?

It's not too late to register if you are interested.

cheers
Wendy

labolle
5th March 2011, 04:59 AM
fun, fun, fun

RufflyRustic
5th March 2011, 10:52 AM
It is, oh, it is :U Does this mean you might enter Labolle? :)

labolle
5th March 2011, 08:37 PM
I'm sharpening my chisels now. ; )

You in on this one, Roughly Rustic?

It is you that dragged me into "the darkside." I just picked up a Stanley #45, among other things, from the late 1800's and suppose I'll just have to find a way to put it to use on this here challenge.

labolle
6th March 2011, 02:26 AM
I have a Taiwanese friend who is not on this site, but would like to participate. His name is Chen, Kuo-Wen. Can you add him to the list as well? He'll log on properly tomorrow.

Cheers.

LaBolle

underfoot
6th March 2011, 06:29 AM
It's not too late to register if you are interested.
cheers
Wendy
Just chatting with a couple of forumites who had no idea the challenge was happening (don't read stickys or sumptn)..
maybe a reminder post elsewhere ??

Claw Hama
6th March 2011, 08:45 AM
I don't know undie, "you snooze you loose" got to keep up with the whole forum I think:D.

RufflyRustic
6th March 2011, 10:39 AM
I have a Taiwanese friend who is not on this site, but would like to participate. His name is Chen, Kuo-Wen. Can you add him to the list as well? He'll log on properly tomorrow.

Cheers.

LaBolle

No worries LaBolle, I'll keep an eye out for his entry here.

Underfoot - I'll see what I can do.

No, I am not entering this challenge:(, the reason being as I'm the Moderator for the challenge, I get to see all the entries and know who has designed/made what, which means (to me) that I'd have an unfair advantage and I just couldn't do that to everyone. Besides, that i'm having a bit of trouble finding a suitable pallet. The only ones I've come across are all manufacted wood. If I was in Melbourne, I'd snap up Spring's offer of assistance in sourcing a pallet, but we are just a little too far apart.:D

However, if I did find a suitable pallet, I'd still have a go at designing and building in the timeframe, just for the fun, challenge and the 'have-a-go' aspect. :U

cheers
Wendy

kiwi007
8th March 2011, 08:55 PM
I'm in

Now, here in Taiwan, most things are smaller. ;-) That includes pallets. The one now
under a few bags of cement in my yard is 1000mm X 1000mm. Iz it ok to use for this competition? Also, how do you measure 20%? If I do a glass topped table, how wood I measure it? The idea is 2 uze az much recycled materials az possible. So have some old shop glass from a demolition of a small store front. OK ma?

thefixer
8th March 2011, 10:21 PM
I won't enter this one because I made it about a year ago and was just lucky to find such fine piece of wood in a pallet. The pallet in question did not have rails but a block in each corner and slats to join it up to resemble a pallet. This was one of the corner blocks

Claw Hama
8th March 2011, 10:44 PM
Sweet.

springwater
8th March 2011, 11:10 PM
I won't enter this one because I made it about a year ago and was just lucky to find such fine piece of wood in a pallet. The pallet in question did not have rails but a block in each corner and slats to join it up to resemble a pallet. This was one of the corner blocks

Carn Fixer, the piece would've look good even without the specy pallet block :2tsup:

waveink
8th March 2011, 11:27 PM
I'm in

Now, here in Taiwan, most things are smaller. ;-) That includes pallets. The one now
under a few bags of cement in my yard is 1000mm X 1000mm. Iz it ok to use for this competition? Also, how do you measure 20%? If I do a glass topped table, how wood I measure it? The idea is 2 uze az much recycled materials az possible. So have some old shop glass from a demolition of a small store front. OK ma?

Hi Kiwi, glad you're joining the fun. While I'm not the moderator of this challenge, I think I can pretty confidently answer that the glass top would not be acceptable in your entry. The idea is not to see what you can build from recycled material, but what you can build/make/turn or otherwise construct from a pallet and nothing more. The 20% concession covers hardware, like hinges, catches etc - not material integral to the piece, like the entire table top. Yes it's restrictive and more difficult - but that's the challenge! Back to the drawing boards - oh and don't publish on the forum what you're going to make as this will eliminate you from voting, which is supposed to be anonymous. Hard to be anonymous (and thus eliminate all bias) if we know what you're doing! :2tsup:

spencer411
8th March 2011, 11:32 PM
hey kiwi nice to see an entry from taiwan, that pallet size is fine, as for the 20% i think a glass top should be fine.. the 20% is there so that people dont make the project 99% out of another material and pop the 1% of the pallet in..

kiwi007
9th March 2011, 09:59 AM
:? just not sure hoo is hoo. See wot yoo are saying waveink, and dooly noted. Spencer, is yoo one uv the decision makers? The glass question was to asscertain wot 20% meant. Az another option was to build a trebuchet, ropes would have to be
added, so the 20% question arises. Oops, shouldn't have let the mouse out uv the bag. My plan was to use the pallet in its entirety. The challenge for me is to have little or no waist.

Kiwi007

RufflyRustic
9th March 2011, 11:09 AM
I'm in

Spencer is the "Sponser" so to speak of this Challenge, hence he does get input into such decisions.

Yes, the 20% ruling is do do what Spencer said, but to be fair to everyone, a glass tabletop would be a very iffy thing to include as it would probably be more than 20%. it would depend on the size of the glass when compared to the rest of the project.

Yes, this lets the cat out of the bag, Kiwi007:( Hope you find a way to jam that cat back in :wink::D

If you really can't find a solid wood pallet the standard size, then I would be happy to accept an entry from you on the smaller pallet, but not from a larger size pallet.

Good luck!! :U

kiwi007
9th March 2011, 02:19 PM
Standard size? Iz that an Ozzy one, or a bigger Texan one, or...? :wink: Will act in the true spirit of the 'challenge'. :2tsup: Won't say any more about my upcoming 'masterpiece'. :p And az I already have this 'smaller' Taiwan standard size pallet, and have to do something with it, or my wife will chop it up and burn it with the garden rubbish :((, will see what I can do.
When do we send in the pic of the pallet, pre masterpiece? Probably should read the rules again, but az it wood meen changing screens, will send this befor I lose it.

RufflyRustic
9th March 2011, 05:32 PM
Good on ya Kiwi0007:2tsup:. Hope you've read the T&Cs in post 1 of this thread by now. Any questions, just post here, or if you prefer it to be private, PM me.

I'm neutral for this challenge, not entering, not voting, not judging, just thoroughly enjoying the anticipation of the entrants' work. this means that if someone has an identifying question, you can PM (Private Message) me and it won't affect your standing in the challenge :)

Cheers
Wendy

Ruddy
10th March 2011, 12:33 PM
I'm in........
well, I hope I am not too late to register. I am away for a couple of weeks in this period so have to get on my bike and start....

RufflyRustic
10th March 2011, 02:28 PM
Welcome Ruddy, no you are not too late to enter. :)

springwater
10th March 2011, 07:39 PM
Wendy, what's the latest date/time I can say I'm in?

Claw Hama
10th March 2011, 07:49 PM
Springy, just say your in! If you don't get a result I don't think Wendy will give you a spanking or anything:U or well maybe she might:;. Also if someone can't find a "standard" size pallet, surely a couple of smaller ones or one and a few pieces of equivilent size, Wendy??

springwater
10th March 2011, 09:01 PM
Springy, just say your in! If you don't get a result I don't think Wendy will give you a spanking or anything:U or well maybe she might:;

:- I'm still working on the last pallet challenge though Craw :doh: Might get a spanking for this though :U

YouTube - Mr. Bean goes to the swimming pool

RufflyRustic
11th March 2011, 10:47 AM
Now Now, enough of that:B

the latest time you can say you are in? What's being fair to yourself? 1 week to design and build something? 2 weeks? I couldn't really say as it would depend on how intricate your design is and how much time you have to build it.

Claw, a good suggestion, but one I wouldn't post as a standard, not now we are into the challenge working time. If, however, another entrant posed such a question, I consider each question about a pallet on it's merits and the situation. The aim would be to balance the pallet in question and the entrant's situation with being fair to every other entrant, the fairness being the most important aspect of the decision.

cheers
Wendy

springwater
12th March 2011, 03:00 PM
:- I'm in and have surgically dismantled a pallet into a pile of crapyolia pine...as you do on a satdy arvo :rolleyes: :cool:

waveink
12th March 2011, 03:18 PM
:- I'm in and have surgically dismantled a pallet into a pile of crapyolia pine...as you do on a satdy arvo :rolleyes: :cool:

I was actually surprised how much timber you get out of a pallet - albeit pretty crapyolia. If my pallet were all useable I'd have 16 super - only about 10 useful once you get all the nails out, but not bad for a discarded item.

Claw Hama
12th March 2011, 03:18 PM
Cool Springy:cool::2tsup:, I aquired one the other day too but haven't touched it yet. Once I get rid of the coffee table I'm working on I will take it in and do the dismantle thing too.

springwater
12th March 2011, 05:06 PM
Yeah, gotta be careful the wood doesn't split as I'm gunna need every last bit of pallet, I found punching the nails through worked for me :secret:that's all I'm giving away though :cool: I chucked half of the pallets' nails in the garden before I realised I might use them again :doh::U

RufflyRustic
12th March 2011, 09:08 PM
I hope you followed that work with some cool beverage, Spring :D

Ah the joys of the Pallet :2tsup:

springwater
12th March 2011, 09:42 PM
Yeah sure did Wendy, sultry as here, sweated a bucket load trying to fit everything in, mower decided to pack-up mid mow this morning just after I'd taken the spare for a service, we've got a Mohawk back lawn now :-Tomorrow the plan is to have the majority of the bits an pieces cut to size ready for gradual assembly after work days, that's the plan anyway :U

RufflyRustic
12th March 2011, 09:58 PM
:2tsup::)

Frank&Earnest
14th March 2011, 05:22 PM
Sorry I'm late. Can I use last year's pallet? I had cut and cleaned it but ended up not having time to do anything.

RufflyRustic
14th March 2011, 10:01 PM
Hi Frank&Earnest,

Sorry, but I'd have to say no to using a pre-prepared pallet.

Wendy

flynnsart
20th March 2011, 04:00 PM
Wish I wasnt so busy building, would love to have another go at this, loved making the one for the last pallet challenge, looking forward to seeing everyones before and after photos. Have fun!

walcen
22nd March 2011, 05:05 PM
Where do you get the pallets from?

I was just wondering because unless one pinches one from the side of the road at a constructions site one would need to purchase it, and some pallets can cost around $80-.

Just a curious question. :shrug:

kindest regards to all,

Wal

waveink
22nd March 2011, 05:26 PM

I was just wondering because unless one pinches one from the side of the road at a constructions site one would need to purchase it, and some pallets can cost around $80-.

kindest regards to all,

Wal

No pinching required - just ask. There's always a stack in the bins at the back of Bunnies, tiling places, landscapers. Basically anyone that uses pallets eventually damages or breaks them too, and once they're broken (some a little, some beyond use) they're pretty happy to let you have them. My experience has been if you don't try to be sneaky you don't get any grief.

John T
28th March 2011, 08:05 PM
SORRY i have to withdraw my entry

john t.

Pagie
28th March 2011, 08:28 PM
I have to withdraw my entry too as I am too busy at the moment.
:D

RufflyRustic
29th March 2011, 10:29 AM
Oh No John T and Glenlara. I'm so sorry to hear that. :(

Thank you for letting us know.

Cheers
Wendy

cookie48
29th March 2011, 10:38 PM
Sorry to say folks but I must retire allso. Can not obtain decent pallet in my little country setlement.

RufflyRustic
30th March 2011, 09:53 AM
Bugger poo darn and all that :( Thanks for letting us know cookie48. :2tsup:

tea lady
30th March 2011, 04:09 PM
Might have to bow out too! :C Life is getting in the way! :rolleyes: Spare time completely vanished at the moment. Looking forward to seeing what others have done> :cool:

spencer411
30th March 2011, 09:32 PM
bummer about the bail outs! Ruffly is there any chance of getting a list of entrants still in? Can't wait to see what everyone has created :cool::cool::2tsup::2tsup:

RufflyRustic
31st March 2011, 09:53 AM
I can't wait to see the creations either!!

Here's the list of Entrants :)

spencer411
Claw Hama
waveink
springwater
jredburn
Christos
labolle
kiwi007
Ruddy

issatree
coffenup

flynnsart
31st March 2011, 11:21 AM
Should be some interesting entries there! Hope you are all having fun with it!

kiwi007
31st March 2011, 07:23 PM
Start Date: Tuesday, 1st March 2011
Finish Date and Photo Submission: 6pm Saturday, 9th April 2011

Voting Opens: sometime Sunday, 10th April 2011
Voting Closes: 6 pm Sunday, 10 April 2011

Please send in 5 photos of your project, including a photo of the pallet you picked up. All pictures must be sent via email to RufflyRustic on or before the finishing time and date, 6pm 2nd April 2011.

Hey folks, when is the finish date? bit confused by these two dates. Am pushing it to finish everything by 2nd. Sure hope it is the 9th.

:U

John L

andrewr79
31st March 2011, 08:06 PM

kindest regards to all,

Wal

I saw a stack out the front of a local business, walked in and asked. They were happy for me to take as many of the unpainted ones as I liked, the painted ones get returned to the suppliers for reuse. You will find most places are more than happy to be saved the dumping costs of the others.

I actually picked up one today that had four lengths just right for the legs of the fold up workbench I'm building. If I didn't need to use about 4 palettes worth of wood plus a couple of new longer beams I'd be in for this one....maybe next year :)

Oh and the two most valuable things for taking them apart without damage? A hacksaw and a nail punch. Cut them apart them punch from the back and the nail heads pop right up into view.

RufflyRustic
1st April 2011, 10:38 AM
:oApologies John L, the Due Date is the Later one i.e. 9 April 2011!:doh:

thanks
Wendy

spencer411
1st April 2011, 12:47 PM
To pull mine apart all I used was a claw hammer and a dead blow mallet. Hook the claw under the edge of the wood and smack it in with the dead blow and leaver away. Took me about 15 mins. Some seriously long nails came out of it though!!

Christos
1st April 2011, 02:06 PM
To pull mine apart all I used was a claw hammer and a dead blow mallet. !!

Now I read this and for some strange reason I was thinking that you hit Claw Hama.

Claw Hama
1st April 2011, 03:36 PM
Wondered why I had a headach the other day:U

waveink
1st April 2011, 04:10 PM
Definitely needed to be careful taking mine apart - the cross members and most of the slats were pine, but the slats underneath had obviously broken at some stage and had been replaced by four old fence palings in some unidentified hardwood - so two sets of nails and holes to deal with!

thompy
1st April 2011, 07:10 PM
Not sure if this has been posted yet but thought i'd add it in, it may help with deconstructions, its really quite good.:YouTube - How To Dismantle A Wooden Pallet

Kinda dissapointed (but not, cant wait for next years), i can't enter, not on long enough time in the forums, and to be truthfull not really ready yet toolwise. I think i've got some great project idea's (not sharing just yet - but i will later).

Really looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

Neal.

springwater
2nd April 2011, 01:13 PM
Might have to bow out too! :C Life is getting in the way! :rolleyes: Spare time completely vanished at the moment. Looking forward to seeing what others have done> :cool:

What happened, you get mugged or summthnn :?:wink::) Commiserations for all whgo couldn't make it, more the merry but I know how thungs can get in the way. I've had a gear breakdown :grumble: bugger :meg: week to go, don't panic springy :oo: :U

kiwi007
2nd April 2011, 06:00 PM
:oApologies John L, the Due Date is the Later one i.e. 9 April 2011!:doh:

thanks
Wendy

thank you wendy, That gives me a bit more time to do the final touches. I won't tell my wife I have the extra time. :D If she knew, she would just give me a couple more jobs, and there would go my extra time. :;

John L

Claw Hama
2nd April 2011, 07:47 PM
I've started,,, I have a pallet:D

springwater
2nd April 2011, 08:18 PM
I've started,,, I have a pallet:D

:oo: yikes, the backmarkers' are making a move :rolleyes: looks like I'm gunna have to burn midnight oil this week :cool:

Claw Hama
2nd April 2011, 10:12 PM
If I had any brains I'd pull out too but I don't want to let the side down. I'll knock something up Friday afternoon. Wendy are there any rules about wet paint or finishes:D:doh:

Christos
2nd April 2011, 10:51 PM
Cripes I thought I was the person in trouble not being able to locate a pallet until two weeks into the challenge. :o

RufflyRustic
3rd April 2011, 09:25 AM
mugged :rotfl:

hmm, the rules say nothing about wet paint or finishes :)

I'll be publishing/sending out submission details shortly.:)

RufflyRustic
3rd April 2011, 10:20 AM
Submission Details have now been PM'd to the Entrants

springwater
3rd April 2011, 02:35 PM
I don't want to let the side down

:2tsup: Onya Craw, who else could play Full Forward anyway :oo: or whatever the equivilent is in that other game :rolleyes:

RufflyRustic
6th April 2011, 11:10 AM
Is it Sunday yet? :kickcan:

:wink::)

waveink
7th April 2011, 01:54 AM
Sanding ... sanding ...sanding

Claw Hama
7th April 2011, 02:12 AM
Hmm, my pallet is still buried under a trailer full of rubish Tack Hama has pulled out of the garden.
Stay calm, breath deeply. Still not sure what to make yet anyway.

mic-d
7th April 2011, 09:41 AM
Hmm, my pallet is still buried under a trailer full of rubish Tack Hama has pulled out of the garden.
Stay calm, breath deeply. Still not sure what to make yet anyway.

There's a pallet challenge?

RufflyRustic
7th April 2011, 10:55 AM
There's a pallet challenge?
:bigcry:

spencer411
7th April 2011, 12:26 PM
Holy crap man this is going to come down to the wire. Loads of sanding and finishing to do. Breath! Hope everyones having fun though. Can't wait to see the results.

Spanner69
7th April 2011, 03:13 PM
I assume you will post a note on here directing us veiwers to the relevent photo threads?

RufflyRustic
7th April 2011, 05:02 PM
Most Definitely :yes: :yes::)

RufflyRustic
8th April 2011, 07:38 PM
It's getting closer!!! :ohyaaa::lbs:

kiwi007
9th April 2011, 09:09 AM
Now is that midnight my time or Oz time?:) Trying to get the glue to
stick faster, the paint to dry faster and the clock to go slower. :D

Reminds me of the scene with Tom Hanks in Cast Away, when he is
in the Fed Ex office in Moscow and he does his speel about keeping
track of time.

But my dog is barking at me to hurry up and get back to the workshop.
See ya ta'nite.

luv John L

RufflyRustic
9th April 2011, 09:33 AM
Hi Kiwi

Yes, that is midnight Australian time. Good luck!:)

A Duke
9th April 2011, 11:34 AM
Hi RR, now you've confused it even more, which Australian time?
1) Western
2) Central
3) Eastern
4) Forum time, which is stays in eastern summer time even when it's not summer

Glad I am not an entrant I would be completely confused ;-)

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.
Regards.

springwater
9th April 2011, 04:30 PM
Only 4 x 45 degrees to go...and pics...sou'wester comin in...lights fading fast :oo:

RufflyRustic
9th April 2011, 04:54 PM
Hi RR, now you've confused it even more, which Australian time?
1) Western
2) Central
3) Eastern
4) Forum time, which is stays in eastern summer time even when it's not summer

Glad I am not an entrant I would be completely confused ;-)

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.
Regards.

Why, my timezone, of course:wink::D

RufflyRustic
9th April 2011, 04:56 PM
geez Spring, what are you doing online here then :?:?:wink::wink::D:D

springwater
9th April 2011, 06:27 PM
:oo: Mist the light, gunna have to go artificial, glue still dryin, shuda gone super glue :doh: keep the camera still springy :U :cool:

RufflyRustic
9th April 2011, 07:41 PM
Good Gravy, the Drama of it all :D:D the anticipation of seeing all the entries, it's nearly more than I can bear! http://www.ubeaut.biz/drop.gif

Exciting stuff!!:U

RufflyRustic
9th April 2011, 07:47 PM
I feel for you Spring and all the entrants still working hard. Down to the wire isn't always fun. I did that for my shoe rack, where I had to apply the shellac, get the shellac to dry enough to try to put a bit of wax on it and then put it all together, then do the lacings. Not only that, it was raining and all this was happening from 6 pm onwards on a Sunday night. I got to bed by 2 am or was it 3 am the morning it was due to go to the art show ...... Ahh the sweet memories of 'down to the wire' :D