PDA

View Full Version : Wooden Guest albums

bobby231940
1st March 2011, 08:52 PM
Hi Woodies
Im a newbie and need help . I have been charged with making a guest book for my daughters wedding out of wood and would like some ideas or plans or any help at all .Ive searched the internet but no luck so far.If any body can suggest some search sites id much appreciate.

RufflyRustic
1st March 2011, 10:02 PM
There are a few varieties around, though yes, plans for wooden albums or guest books can be hard to find.

You could always make a very simple one by a flat one piece back cover and a front cover that is cut where the pages turn. The insert is attached to the cover with the screws (sorry, I cannot remember the name of them now) used to extend/secure inserts in photo albums.

I made another photo album here the top opens flat but is hinged to a flat piece that holds the album inserts in place. I cut a rebate insdie the top to fit this flat piece. By doing this, I was able to have any amount of inserts and the top would always open up enough to be able to look through the alum comfortably.

The third option is to attach a ring binder to the spine and attach the front and back to the spine with hinges.

Hope this helps

cheers
Wendy