PDA

View Full Version : FREE 2 bits of cypress

scubabob
2nd March 2011, 09:36 PM
ok, now i know nothing about woodturning, ( other than i am in total awe of the stuff that i have seen people create and i would never dream of ever reaching such a standard). Now, that said, i work on new building sites and am always on the lookout for firewood (not much else you can do with site bin stuff - but i have made a couple of nice chess boards and a great red gum cheese board).

i found a couple of pieces of Cypress 150mm x 150 mm (6"x6") which are about 210mm - 240mm long. now, not knowing anything about woodturning as i said i dont know if these are any good to anyone, but i do know they are too good for the Coonara.

if anyone wants them, drop me a line on here or call me 0419 360 958 and they are yours. i am sure they can be made into something real nice.

wheelinround
2nd March 2011, 09:40 PM
Very nice gesture :2tsup:
Cypress is nice to turn wish it was in Sydney.

scubabob
3rd March 2011, 06:30 PM
i have just today, found 3 more pieces, same dimensions but a tad longer, so now there are 5 in all if you want them. cheers

JerrySambrook
8th March 2011, 11:38 AM
Excellent gesture on your part.:2tsup:
Thanks

Jerry

Simomatra
8th March 2011, 11:58 AM
Well done Bob cypress is easy to turn and has lots of features in the grain.

Someone should be real happy, I have far too many blanks other wise I would put my hand up

scubabob
8th March 2011, 11:10 PM
thanks for your kind words guys. someone has put their hand up so we will see what becomes of them.

hezza67
6th May 2011, 02:30 PM
G'day Bob,
I might be interested... Where are you?