PDA

View Full Version : Engineering supplies in Melbourne

Gavin Newman
8th March 2011, 03:44 PM
Any of the Melbournites have any suggestions as to where a bloke could go looking at machinery, kits and tooling in the general Melbourne area whilst he's on a very rare visit (and trying to find somewhere else to be while the domestic goddess goes shopping:U).

I'm not thinking of visiting H&F as anything they have I can get from General Tools here in Adelaide.

Rgds - Gavin

matthew_g
8th March 2011, 04:53 PM
You could try APPLIED MACHINERY in Dandenong or ASSETT MACHINERY also in Dendenong.
My fave haunt is APEX MACHINERY in Mordialloc. They have new and secondhand and the prices are usually very fair. It takes me 2 hours to go through the place to take it all in.. Hope this helps
Matt

Com_VC
8th March 2011, 07:53 PM
matthew_g: Are they in Moorabbin or Mordialloc? I just did a quick search on them and found there website but it says Mordialloc. Unless there is another one is Moorabbin?

I might pay them a visit as I am currently looking for a lathe.

Thanks

malb
8th March 2011, 07:57 PM
Standaco in Nunnawading is a chance, mostly new high end industrial stuff, some lower end industrial/hobbyist, but they do have used industrial at times. Would be worth a phone call to check what they have in stock before you call.

matthew_g
8th March 2011, 08:02 PM
Sorry guys, Mordialloc it is........Memory is getting bad. I have edited the post
Matt

Gavin Newman
8th March 2011, 09:35 PM
Thanks guys, I think I know where I'll be heading...

matthew_g
9th March 2011, 02:38 AM
Well come on where?

Gavin Newman
9th March 2011, 07:40 AM
Well come on where?

Apex Machinery looks good for this trip as well as a mob I found near the airport that sell engine casting kits.

I won't have much room to carry stuff back to SA on this trip but in September I'll be racing at Phillip Island so I'll have the truck that time - I'll visit the other places mentioned by posters then.

Thanks to all for their input.