PDA

View Full Version : From Afganistan

PenTurner
12th March 2011, 08:57 AM
Just received, thanks to all that participate-PS-could there be an effort to send pens in by in of this month so we can send off for ANZAC day?? even one pen is better that none, thanks again, Amos:):2tsup::2tsup:

UNCLASSIFIED

Amos and all from the U-Beaut WoodWorking Forum

Thank you very much for sending the recent mailing.

The two boxes of pens arrived the day before I set off to visit 'round the traps.

I have spent the past week at the "coal-face" and it has given me much pleasure to distribute all the pens to our troops working as close to the front line as I am authorised.

The troops were extremely appreciative of having their very own pen made from from authentic Australian timbers, (even "Jim's Plank"!!)

I have made sure that three other Padres have some to give out as well. Coincidentally, some "Cards for the Troops" arrived around the same time, and I was able to place these strategically as well.

I give an introductory brief to alI personel entering the Middle East Area of Operations.

I always recommend keeping in touch with loved ones by writing personal notes home, as they are more personal than electronic media and cherished for years to come.

The pens are all different, having a unique appeal and epitomise the value of writing in a personalised manner to loved ones.

Please pass on the thanks from our Troops; also my appreciation as it gives me a positive way of engaging our Troops.

Best wishes

Steve
Steve is the chaplain I spoke about in another thread.(Amos):)

RufflyRustic
12th March 2011, 11:30 AM
:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

cookie48
12th March 2011, 04:07 PM
Will send some Amos. Thanks Padre your letter is great.
P.S. Jim's plank is very old timber from mates farm yard. No idea what it is.

sundowner
13th March 2011, 11:21 AM
You are doing a good job Padre.pass it on
Graham v v

PenTurner
3rd April 2011, 02:43 PM
Just arrived today-Amos:):2tsup: thanks to all once again.

Subject: Thank you Message: Dear Sir /Madam, I was recently deployed to Afghanistan. During my deployment our Padre approached me and gave me a carved pen which your company had sent to the Australian service personnel. Thank-you very much for your lovely gift it is greatly appreciated and makes what I do in the name of our country easier. Regards, Jason Prins