PDA

View Full Version : Gday all

thompy
14th March 2011, 05:35 PM
:UGday all,

Well, here goes, i'm a 39 y/o bloke livin in brissy, married, i've not done any woodwork for pleasure really since high school, i still have and use a segmented bowl of pine and rosewood, i doubt i could recreate with my current situation. Lookout wife, i may be on the warpath for a table saw and bandsaw (for starters).:oo:

I've lost my grandpop in november and he left me his lathe, i think its a gmc (not positive, i am picking it up next month) and a router. The situation has left me wanting to rekindle an interest back into all things wood. I've just finished making a queen bed from pine studding i had left over from a house extension, and i think it turned out quite well considering i only used the pine studs a drop saw and a drill.

So thats me, ive got questions aplenty, rusty ability, a mechanic by trade and little tooling, a great interest and perhaps even verging on a midlife thing (can i do that at 39? whats the ruling? someone told me 40 was the new 30:p...i dunno).

Neal.

Christos
14th March 2011, 08:59 PM
I do not think that there is a real midlife as you get that only from people that do different things. If you have an interest and always had the interest then how is that a midlife? I think I will stop the dribble and get to the point, WELCOME TO THE FORUM. :U

AlexHW
14th March 2011, 10:58 PM
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay. :D

munruben
16th March 2011, 10:32 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum.:2tsup:

thompy
17th March 2011, 05:09 PM
Worked out how to put the picture links in, so here's those two projects i mentioned above in my first post. Thanks for the warm welcome! I've been a lurking guest for a while.

AlexHW
17th March 2011, 06:59 PM
I really like the bowl, very smooth looking. :)

crowie
17th March 2011, 08:02 PM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum Neal,
As a tradie your half way there and from the bed & bowl photos you sure got the skill.
Enjoy stocking your workshop with some woodwork toys.
Just remind your good wife that while your in the shed making things she knows were you are; keeping out of trouble.
Cheers, Crowie

Grommett
17th March 2011, 08:50 PM
Hi Thompy, I saw your post of the segmented bowl, not shabby at all. Look again, welcome and enjoy the forum. The members are here to help, or take the p...

Christos
17th March 2011, 10:23 PM
The members are here to help, or take the p...

Sometimes. :U