PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum attachment in the TRA 001

ragman
29th November 2004, 12:30 PM
Hi all
I intend to mount a TRA 001 in a router table would the vacuum attachment be able to mounted upside down and still allow the collet to protude above the table top?

Many thanks

Coldamus
29th November 2004, 08:01 PM
The dust port for the Triton router is moulded into the plastic safety guard thingy where that attaches to the router base. According to the manual, it accepts 38mm o.d. hose as supplied with the optional Triton dust collector. The hose screws in via a left-hand thread.

It is my impression that you could probably push an ordinary vacuum cleaner hose in there and it should stay put or could be held in place by tape or a bracket attached to the plastic with a self-tapper.

It certainly works upside down and as it is fixed to the base, it does not move up and down with the body and shaft. Therefore it has absolutely no effect on how far the collet extends.

Referring to your other post and mention of a router lift, the main reason I chose the Triton is its micro adjuster knob. It covers the full plunge range and allows the router to be wound up and down with ease and precision. This makes setting the cutting depth childs play and practically eliminates any need for a router lift.

regards
Coldamus

ragman
30th November 2004, 09:05 AM
Thank you for the informative reply. OK i have made up my mind to get a TRA 001. Will post after i mount it into my table. Many thanks all for the Triton comments.