PDA

View Full Version : Snake and Laser group

gawdelpus
17th March 2011, 07:28 PM
One of my cast snakeskin cigars, no idea on the snake, came in a bunch of samples :)
Some more of the laser cut kits, Only got a half dozen or so left in these ,then back to the more Mundane :) , cheers ~ John

Pariss
17th March 2011, 08:04 PM
Please don't take this the wrong way, but in my eyes they look a bit crass (spelling). You've done a beautifull job on them, but they look a bit 'Crazy-Clarks' / Overflow, for my like'ing. Sorry for the negative comment :no: . But there is too much Chinese Crap floating around on the sales markets, which has totally buggered up traditional quality items and workmanship and design. It's nice to create something of true quality and style. I do like the snake pen though !!:2tsup:

bdar
17th March 2011, 08:32 PM
John you have done a brilliant job with the lazer cut blanks, particularly the medical blank. Did they come from Ken in the States or have we got local talent creating these marvelous blanks. You are right Pariss about cheap Chinese imports, you may find these are hand crafted blanks. The snake skin one is different, I mean the way the scales look, but anything in snake skin I like. You are creating some mighty fine pens.

Cheers
Darren

seriola
17th March 2011, 09:06 PM
I really like the snake skin too, but also like the others. I always enjoy opening a post and never quite knowing what will appear. My first reaction was wow they look good, read the comments and went back for another squiz, yep I genuinely like them. I suppose that is what it is all about, appreciation of workmanship but also a diversity of tastes and styles. Good stuff:2tsup::2tsup:

gawdelpus
17th March 2011, 09:15 PM
Thanks Bdar :) these are some of constant Laubscher artwork :) I think that is the spelling hehe.
Pariss thanks for your observations re chinese workmanship .If I could find this quality in overflow or crazy clarks I would buy out there stock lol. After several years concentrated pen production and several thousand pens sold at local markets I am always looking for that something different to show my clients ,I have a display of around 150 pens on my stand each sunday ,most of my clients are not conniseurs of pens ,they buy on impulse depending if they like what they see :) . There are many variations such as laminates, celtic crosses inserts ,casts and on and on , I have turned most woods from here and overseas over the years and still enjoy doing so, but my main aim is to please my customers and keep moving forward , so I may be a bit commercial ,but it allows me the freedom to enjoy the addiction hehe , cheers ~ John

Pariss
17th March 2011, 09:35 PM
Hey John. As I said before, I am totally impressed with your beautifull quality workmanship, but just thought I would post my personal taste in so far as designs go. Sure hope I didn't offend you. :-. Maybe I'm too out spoken :doh:. Sorry mate. :)

artme
17th March 2011, 09:48 PM
Nice clutch there John. Right up to your usual high standard!.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

I reckon that snake is a dead snake!!:doh::B

mkypenturner
17th March 2011, 09:50 PM
hey john they all look great
the only one i think that is too much is the piano pen the kit is great but my thoughts on the choice of plating is way too dark and the laser blank is hiding

Nai84
17th March 2011, 10:27 PM
Hey John

Well they are sweet as looking pens I like that snake skin one that is awesome, Like I also say each to their own coz the customer will buy what they like and the more range you have the customers you will have I agree with you on that one

Ian

HazzaB
17th March 2011, 11:28 PM
Hey John,

I reckon that they are all awesome, I have looked at the Laser Cut blanks on some of the US sites and they look to be a bit of a Jig Saw puzzle before you start, are these assembled when you get them ??

Hey Pariss, you can never tell what the clients are thinking, I did a few of the High Line European kits when they first come out, and I thought that they were the most unactractive pens in my display box, and look out!!!! they were the first ones sold on the day. I have a client who wants to see my display every month and he buys at least two each month, last month he took two pens that he had just glanced at for the last 5 months, just depends on the day I think :C

Hey John, keep up the good work.

HazzaB

gawdelpus
17th March 2011, 11:46 PM
Thanks Hazza :) and you are right with choices ,some of what I would call "ugly" move out real quick :). With the laser kits you normally have to assemble them yourself , with varying degrees of complexity, the gear one I did a week or so ago took about 2 hrs to assemble lol. They are pretty much themed pens and tend to be appreciated by gifts for special occasions ,like graduation from courses or in appreciation of some certain skills :).
And Pariss of course I am not upset with your comments ,would be pretty boring if we all held the same views on everything :). I am merely trying to add to the diversity of choices ,both here on the forums and in real life to my customers :) . Cheers ~ John

PenTurner
18th March 2011, 09:08 AM
John, trouble with showing a bunch of pens is-you don't know which to choose- now show them one at a time with close ups etc, and each one would stick out and you would want it. By the way--not a bad job for a beginner!:oo::D Amos
I also understand the constructive comment about cheapo pens-sometimes I have had to explain that my pens are hand crafted, then the customer looks surprised and starts to really look at them in a different light. Amos:)

Simomatra
18th March 2011, 11:23 AM
Nice work John you are certainly giving your customers a wide choice and keeping them interested no doubt. Like the medical one but would prefer it in a different colour but thats just me

minus459
18th March 2011, 11:43 PM
G'day John, they are veryyyy nice pens, where did you get the Copper Sierra kit and I love your snakeskin. Pariss keep saying what you think, it makes the world go round.
Now stop it I want to get off.:roflmao2:
undies

Les in Red Deer
19th March 2011, 02:08 AM
A great looking group of Writing Instruments John!
My favorite would be the Snake Skin Cigar.
I don't care for a lot of the Laser Cut blanks out there, they look too cluttered or too busy for me.

Les

gawdelpus
19th March 2011, 02:51 AM
G'day John, they are veryyyy nice pens, where did you get the Copper Sierra kit and I love your snakeskin. Pariss keep saying what you think, it makes the world go round.
Now stop it I want to get off.:roflmao2:
undies

I get the 2 tone copper sierras from Ernie at Beartooth woods , Here is a link (http://www.beartoothwoods.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_23&products_id=578) . Also the black and the silver tones as well , :) Cheers ~ John