PDA

View Full Version : Check This One Out

Nai84
20th March 2011, 12:15 AM
Hey Everyone

I did this one today it is a Sierra kit with Black with white lines and Orchid with lines and 3mm Aluminium in between wet sanded and the polish to finish all comments welcome

Ian

MitchB
20th March 2011, 01:23 AM
You definitely got your file names right!!!
That pen looks amazing!! :2tsup::2tsup:

minus459
20th March 2011, 01:40 AM
Mate AWESOME is the word.............sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit that's good.

undies:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Nai84
20th March 2011, 01:46 AM
Hey Guys

Thanks I am glad you like it coz when I put the blank together it looked like crap but like the story gose the uglie duckling turns into a beautiful swan and this one did and I am very proud of it, I thimk the boss has her eye on it coz she keeps talking about it :D brownie points :D

Ian

Les in Red Deer
20th March 2011, 02:32 AM
Very well done laminating Ian!
Form, Fit and Finish looks great.
I like the contrasting materials.

Les

Nai84
20th March 2011, 02:45 AM
Hey Les

Thanks it is a head turner I must admit

Ian

Fredo
20th March 2011, 09:42 AM
Ian - Yes, a very nice pen. The photography is absolutely first class which shows the finish is very good. With the Sierra Kit my preference is for the blank to flow with the shape of the pen but that's just my opinion. Love the colour combination, you're much more adventurous than I am.

Did you use epoxy for the glue up and did you have any trouble drilling?

Keep up the good work.

Fredo :U

artme
20th March 2011, 10:13 AM
Well done Ian!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Ironwood
20th March 2011, 10:23 AM
Thats a stunner Ian. You are on a roll there.

Did you use normal turning tools, or did you use a carbide tool to handle the aluminium ?

I'm not a fan of the bulbous shape, but many others seem to like it, each to their own.

Claw Hama
20th March 2011, 11:09 AM
Very funky Ian, you're obviously having a lot of fun.

Nai84
20th March 2011, 12:25 PM
Ian - Yes, a very nice pen. The photography is absolutely first class which shows the finish is very good. With the Sierra Kit my preference is for the blank to flow with the shape of the pen but that's just my opinion. Love the colour combination, you're much more adventurous than I am.

Did you use epoxy for the glue up and did you have any trouble drilling?

Keep up the good work.

Fredo :U

Thats a stunner Ian. You are on a roll there.

Did you use normal turning tools, or did you use a carbide tool to handle the aluminium ?

I'm not a fan of the bulbous shape, but many others seem to like it, each to their own.

Hey Fredo

Thanks I found that some people like pens that are shaped and other not so I do a bit of both to keep everyone happy :2tsup: I did use epoxy but the when I when to drill it out it fell apart so I finish drilling each section at a time and then used CA to glue it all together

Ian

Hey Ironwood

Thanks for comment carbide tools hey I have some but I didnt know that so next time I will use them thanks for tip

and thankyou for your feed back guys

Ian

wheelinround
20th March 2011, 12:27 PM
:hooray:

cookie48
20th March 2011, 12:47 PM
Very well done. Love the bands.

Pariss
20th March 2011, 07:37 PM
As "Cyrill Said" ..... " Thimply Thtunning". It make's my Sundy Arvo effort pale, but hey, I had fun doing them. How's ya chistles after turning the aluminium ?. :doh:

Nai84
20th March 2011, 08:56 PM
Hey Pariss

Thanks my tools are ok just had to keep sharpening them thats all and im sure your are awesome I gonna go and check them out

Ian

Xenophon
22nd March 2011, 12:04 AM
Bravo Ian! What a beautiful pen!!!! sure has loads of character! :2tsup:

will you keep it?

Nai84
22nd March 2011, 12:28 AM
Hey Xeonphon

Thanks I agree I cant say the same for the blank when I first put it together :o I had a few poeple eyeing it of all ready

Ian

Whaler1
22nd March 2011, 12:59 AM
Awesome is an understatement but I don't know a better word to use.

Nai84
22nd March 2011, 01:43 AM
Hey Whaler1

Many thanks for that I glad you like it

Ian

munruben
22nd March 2011, 10:17 AM
I agree with all the comments. stunning pen. well done.:2tsup:

Nai84
23rd March 2011, 12:09 AM
Hey munreben

Thanks I am glad you like it