PDA

View Full Version : Work pen and wifes challenge

sturina
23rd March 2011, 10:50 AM
Hi All

Been a long time since I have been able to get in the shed. I havent turned much lately and am waiting to get my new lathe and holidays from work (hopefully at the same time).

I did however get a chance last week to knock up a pen for work. I find a click pen so much easier in my job so took a visit to Carbatec in Melbourne when down there to pick up some pen9 click pen kits. I filled it with a black acrylic with white lines and micromeshed then polished. Very happy with the shape and feel of it.

I also finished a blackwood cigar i started ages ago. I was a little disappointed that the colour change did run through both parts, bad planning on my part.

Finall I took the better half to the recent craft expo in Sydney (was great to meet the western sydney woodturners there). She was impressed with the seem rippers they had but wanted something brighter. So i set about knocking one up using a blue acrylic scrap i had left over. It is only a prototype made with scraps but was happy with the result.

Les in Red Deer
23rd March 2011, 02:35 PM
Yep, looks like you were up to the challenge!
Well done.

Les