PDA

View Full Version : Recognize your pen?

PenTurner
23rd March 2011, 11:15 AM
Just in from Afgahanistan---

UNCLASSIFIED

Hello Amos

I recently travelled around places where Australian troops are based in Afghanistan.

As well as distributing pens among my own troops, I gave a number of pens to the other Chaplains, or "Padres", in Tarin Kowt.

This photo shows Chaplain Kerry Bartlett and Chaplain Ren McRae keen to distribute pens among their own troops.

Our deployed personel really appreciate an unexpected gift of such value, especially as the pens are from specially selected materials, generally recognised as crafted from a little bit of Australian timber. They provide a great boost for the morale!

The pens are so popular.... we could give out many more.

Blessings

Steve

CHAPLAIN G. S. (Steve) Cloudsdale
FSU4 Padre

Touchwood
23rd March 2011, 10:13 PM
Gee, that's nice!! :) I'm hoping to get some in the mail by the end of the month for ANZAC day ... thanks for sharing the letter and photo
JD

NewLondon88
24th March 2011, 11:39 AM
That's so cool! :2tsup:

The letters and pics are nice. You sometimes wonder if the pens really bring a smile
or if it's one of those 'It's the thought that counts' kind of things.. then you see a personal
letter like this and you know your efforts make a difference, no matter how small.

Very cool!

RufflyRustic
24th March 2011, 12:46 PM
:):2tsup::2tsup:

PenTurner
24th March 2011, 04:26 PM
Just received this, Amos:):2tsup:
To whom it may concern,

I am currently employed as a Senior Sergeant with the WA Police, however during Jan, Feb and early Mar 2011 I was employed as the Weapons Intelligence Team (WIT) Officer in Charge in Tarin Kowt, Afghanistan in my capacity as a Major in the Army Reserve. Whilst conducting my duties, I was visited on a few occasions by the JTF633 Padre for a general chat and coffee so he could follow up on the welfare of my staff. On one of his visits, he gave me one of your pens and informed me that your organisation wanted him to hand out the pens to serving Australian soldiers in Afghanistan. I graciously accepted the gift , so now you can see who I am and where your valued pen is now being used.

It’s organisations and people like yourselves that put a smile on the face of Soldiers, Sailors and Air Force Personnel of the Australian Defence Force serving overseas knowing that the Australian community are thinking of them always. Thankyou.

Regards,
Brian

cookie48
25th March 2011, 08:39 AM
Brian.
Thank you for your kind words. It is really nice to know the small thing we are doing is appreciated.