PDA

View Full Version : Brown Mallee Burl Bowl

benupton
25th March 2011, 09:47 PM
Hi there,
Have turned this natural edge Brown Mallee burl bowl, Can any one tell me what this would be sold at. 230mm x 80mm
Regards Ben

sjm
26th March 2011, 08:16 AM
Hi there,
Have turned this natural edge Brown Mallee burl bowl, Can any one tell me what this would be sold at. 230mm x 80mm
Regards Ben

I find etsy is useful for gauging prices people are willing to pay for things. A quick browse for mallee burl bowls in a similar size, show prices varying from about $10 to around $100.

tea lady
26th March 2011, 09:39 AM
Since the burl would have cost me $15 to buy last year (cos I bought some:doh:) something higher than that? Depends how good you reckon the design and exicution is! Still looks a bit thick to me. Take another few cuts off and add $50.:D

Willy Nelson
27th March 2011, 10:31 PM
Hello Ben
I hope you don't mind a little gentle feedback, but I too, agree with the tea lady and reckon it needs to be a bit thinner. Consider refining the shape a little as well. It is a lovely piece of piece of burl. What is it sanded to, and what finish is on it?
As for price, depends if you are selling to a mate, a shop, a gallery or a gallery in an area like bungendore, Margaret river or The Rocks/Darling harbour.
Good luck
Sincerely
Willy