PDA

View Full Version : Spanner for TSC 10HB

Glider
30th March 2011, 12:32 PM
I am missing a spanner for my TSC 10HB Carba-Tec table saw and they have none in stock. It's to hold the flange from slipping when I replace the blade. The spanner size needs to be 29mm to fit the slots cut into the flange. Maximum thicknesss 6.5 mm.

Is anyone else using a standard spanner I could buy? :?

I am sure it would be one made from metal plate because all the forged tools are too thick at the business end. Otherwise I'll have to make one from Al plate. :(

Mick :)

lesmeyer
30th March 2011, 02:37 PM
I have a 10HB and have always only used a spanner to tighten the nut. The blade have never come off in 5 years. I don't recall ever receiving such a spanner that you describe. Maybe my model does not need it. I just hold onto the blade with a rag to prevent cuts to the hand when loosening or tightening the nut.
Regards
Les

Jim Grant
30th March 2011, 03:05 PM
I also have the TSC 10HB but I have never used the thin spanner that came with it to change the blade. A piece of softwood under the blade holds it perfectly securely while tightening the nut with a large ring spanner. Same for removing the blade.

Spanner69
30th March 2011, 03:45 PM
just as well I am thick ..... I think? :roflmao:

Glider
30th March 2011, 04:44 PM
Thanks Les & Jim,

I have been using the towel method as well until I had a blade in yesterday which just didn't want to grab the flange. That's the first time it has happened to me. Anyway, I went for the multi-grips but put a gouge or two in the flange along the way. No real drama but a spanner would have been a bit easier. :cool:

Mick :U

A Duke
30th March 2011, 05:22 PM
Hi,
Can't you get hold of a cheep second hand spanner and grind the sides down on a bench grinder?
May be easier than making a whole spanner.
Regards

Harry72
30th March 2011, 05:43 PM
The only spanner you need is the one for the nut, the one on the backing flange is for maintance.
There is no need for the nut to be done up using two spanners, the arbor thread is designed to tighten with little effort. Holding the blade by hand and using the spanner on the nut until the blade starts to bite into your skin is tight enough.
The only time you should use a tool for this is if you have medical problems with your grip.

Sturdee
30th March 2011, 07:15 PM
Whilst you only need one spanner for the nut it is much kinder on your hands with the two spanners, one for the nut and one for on the motor side.

I made one by grinding an old steel spanner to size and changing blades is much easier.

Peter.