PDA

View Full Version : G'day

BamBam53
30th March 2011, 07:42 PM
Hi, my name is Michael. I discovered these forums by accident the other night.

I have been working with wood as a hobby since 1988 when my wife got me making cut-outs for her folk art painting. I am into furniture making, woodturning and renovating our 100 year old house.

By day I work as a Business Analyst, I also worked for twenty two years as a paint chemist.

Current projects are helping my son make a bud vase for mothers day and finishing a display cabinet for my wife.

Matador
30th March 2011, 08:03 PM
G'day Michael .
Welcome aboard do you have photos of your work .
I also started working with wood in 1988 . I make toys and also craft stuff out of MDF for people to do their folk art .
Cheers Graham

Woodwould
30th March 2011, 11:05 PM
Welcome Michael! :thyel:

Rattrap
31st March 2011, 08:36 AM
Welcome Michael :2tsup::2tsup:

Christos
31st March 2011, 08:12 PM
Welcome to the forum. Some photos would be nice.

Grommett
31st March 2011, 08:34 PM
:welcomeani::wts:

munruben
2nd April 2011, 06:46 PM
Hi there and welcome to our busy little corner of the world.:2tsup:

BamBam53
4th April 2011, 09:15 PM
The folk art cut-outs gave me a good start. I made a couple for my wife, then she started coming back with orders from her classmates. Then the teachers started placing orders. The old jig saw was not fast enough so I bought a router and then a band saw. I was able to justify and buy a lot of machinery through them.

These are some photos of things I have made. Getting these photos together has made me realise how much stuff I have made over the years. It is all around the house, we see it every day and just take it for granted.

Grommett
4th April 2011, 10:13 PM
Nice stuff. Sometimes you need to step back and take a look at what is in your environment to realize how much you have done and how much it is part of your life. :2tsup:

Christos
5th April 2011, 07:56 PM
Very nice.

Thank you for sharing the photos.

andrewr79
5th April 2011, 08:31 PM
Welcome Michael. Love the pics, very nice work. Hoping to see more soon!

Cheers
Andrew