PDA

View Full Version : Red Iron Bark Majestic

PenTurner
30th March 2011, 08:55 PM
I wasn't going to post, but Sam twisted my arm!.:), then again it is Fred's fault, he posted a beauty in Red Iron Bark, and this is my feeble attempt, after Fred described what Red Iron Bark tree looks like, I "accidentally" bumped into a tree on my walks, and some bark fell off-! so I rescued it from its terrible ordeal of being bumped and took it home, tried my best to stablize it, on turning , it revealed gaps galore, so they were filled with "gold" and green ---; finished with CA up to the hilt. Hope it passes inspection. Amos:)

mkypenturner
30th March 2011, 09:11 PM
[QUOTE=Woodenink;1297099 Fred described what Red Iron Bark tree looks like, I "accidentally" bumped into a tree on my walks, and some bark fell off-! so I rescued it from its terrible ordeal of being bumped [/QUOTE]
nice work amos :2tsup::2tsup: that red iron bark bark looks great

can you please help out all the other red iron barks out by posting a pic of them in the wild so us turners may do our bit for the environment and save the planet :D:D:D:rolleyes:

Nai84
31st March 2011, 12:19 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH NICE PEN awesome job me's like:2tsup:

artme
31st March 2011, 07:50 AM
It passes!!:):):):)

I need to get hold of some Mugga Ironbark bark.

Rum Pig
31st March 2011, 08:42 AM
When I read your description Amos I thought why use gold why not ebony or coffee grounds to hide the holes. But when I looked at your picture in full size I got to say I like the gold makes it look like a rock with a gold vein running through it.

Well done and keep bumping into those trees:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

seriola
31st March 2011, 08:51 AM
That is very impressive, beautiful work. :2tsup::2tsup:I know where there there are some red ironbark trees (street trees in town) but turning the bark of one into a pen would certainly be a challenge for me.:rolleyes:

Simomatra
31st March 2011, 03:35 PM
Well done Amos, you have done a beautiful job on that one.

I have a piece of bark from Fed in the finishing and should be able to post soon

PenTurner
1st April 2011, 10:50 AM
:)Troy, look out for gum tree that has BLACK bark, it looks ugly and useless, the bark is in vertical ridges right right around the tree, I had seen these trees and used to think "what is wrong with the tree' "is it dying?" !!! but seeing is deceiving ! there was this beauty hidden inside all that time. Amos ps will try to get a photo soon. Amos:)

Les in Red Deer
1st April 2011, 02:15 PM
Looks great Amos!
I like your Form, Fit and Finish.
Well done.

Les

PenTurner
1st April 2011, 03:33 PM
Thanks Les, that means a lot to me, Amos:)

PenTurner
9th April 2011, 09:49 PM
Ok, it has taken a little time, but here is the tree and its bark, Amos:)

ciscokid
13th April 2011, 10:28 PM
Beautiful pen, Amos. I like the gold accents. The tree looks a little like our locust trees. They are so hard your chainsaw will throw sparks trying to cut them up!

PenTurner
14th April 2011, 12:10 AM
Hello Al, great to see you again, hope all will with the farm, Amos:)