PDA

View Full Version : The Great British Woodshop

silentC
3rd December 2004, 09:22 AM
Did anyone see The Great British Woodshop (http://www.greatbritishwoodshop.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=115) on How To channel (Foxtel/Austar Digital) last night?

I was a little bit disappointed. He made a coffee table with a top that lifts up to dining table height so you can eat dinner in front of the telly. Not a bad idea in itself but a pretty basic project. It was the first show though, so we'll see how it goes. The presenter is an Aussie.

craigb
3rd December 2004, 09:51 AM
Didn't see it but remember the show being discussed in the forums earlier this year (or maybe last year?).

I actually emailed Lifestyle channel about it and got a Dear John letter back from them

So I guess it's not going to be on lifestyle then. :rolleyes:

Just another driver to force people to move to digital :(

Gumby
3rd December 2004, 09:59 AM
Yeah , I saw that and though it was OK. I thibnk something a bit more basic than the projects David Marks does is good. But I did think the table was pretty gross with that lift up lid thing...........uggghhhhhh!!!

It doesn't matter what's on, as long as you learn something each time. Much better than Home and Away eyc !!!!!!

bitingmidge
3rd December 2004, 09:59 AM
Didn't see the show, but built a coffee table of that description (well actually I had it built :o ).

I sourced the lift mechanism from the supplier listed in Woodsmith magazine a year or so ago... roughly $300!

If anyone is thinking of doing this, buy a lift-up table at Super A Mart for $170.00 pilfer the mechanism, nail the top down and flog the table (It'd be worth $150)

Uncle Midge's tip for the day.

P :D

silentC
3rd December 2004, 10:07 AM
There was a show on afterwards about a guy making an accoustic guitar. Was interesting from a certain point of view but no way there was enough information to allow you to make your own. More of a 'look, here is a man making a guitar' than 'this is how you make a guitar'.

Iain
3rd December 2004, 10:22 AM
Monty Python covered that years ago, 'How to play the flute'.
Blow in the hole at the end and move your fingers over the holes on the side'
James Gallway eat your heart out :D
God I hate lifestyle and reality shows :mad: