PDA

View Full Version : Make Sure They Get Your Name

wheelinround
6th April 2011, 10:55 PM
Make Sure They Get Your Name

Munruben/John and Allan from Wallan arrived at a very popular restaurant and they were dismayed to find it very crowded. Approaching the hostess John asked, 'Will it be long?'
The hostess, seemingly ignoring John & Allan continued writing in her reservations book.
Thinking she had possibly not heard him the first time, John decided to ask again. 'How much time is the wait for a table?'
Looking up from her book, the hostess smiled and said, 'Oh, only about ten minutes. We will inform you when your table is ready.'
A short time later, John & Allan heard an announcement over the intercom system, 'Willette B. Long......... Willette B. Long, your table is ready.'

Allan at Wallan
7th April 2011, 10:16 AM
My mate saw me reading this and thought to himself
Willie Larf .... yes I did, just a little bit.:D

Allan

Sawdust Maker
7th April 2011, 01:15 PM
chuckle out loud

banksiaman
8th April 2011, 12:29 PM
Chuck L. Outloud ???

olbassy
8th April 2011, 08:45 PM
True story you jokers....... Few years ago while I was still capable of working professionally -(in Alice Springs)...I had to apologise for arriving late at a restaurant lunch appointment. Mates already into the red juice larfed their heads orf when I explained I had just attended a development consent planning meeting for a new "Family Restaurant" project in the centre of town and had to explain certain design aspects with a Mr Ernie Wanka from the Highways Department....and a Mr Richard Head....from another important Government Department.
But I still think your restaurant hostess is a winner!

Rodgera
9th April 2011, 01:17 PM
Mr. I.P.Daily