PDA

View Full Version : Maxim Toolboxes

Pat
12th April 2011, 05:38 PM
Has anyone else come across this mob Maxim Toolboxes (http://www.maximtoolboxes.com.au/)?

From the website, they look good for the price. I am interested in if anyone has seen them in the flesh.

Jim Carroll
12th April 2011, 06:30 PM
Pat where did you find the prices

Pat
12th April 2011, 08:13 PM
Jim, it seems that they sell on epay (http://shop.ebay.com.au/just-pro-tools/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686)

They have good feedback, but I like to hear from people that actually have seen them in the flesh.

issatree
12th April 2011, 09:23 PM
Hi All,
I may be wrong here, but I thought I saw similar type of Tool Boxes at Super Cheap.
I know I walked past them rather quickly, when I saw their prices, to which I can't remember now, but they were rather dear, if memory serves me.

RETIRED
12th April 2011, 10:09 PM
Our local Bunnings have a tool box that is nearly 2 metres long and 1.8 high with stereo radio, Fridge and other Goodies.

Grumpy is in love.:D

Pat
14th April 2011, 05:12 PM
Well I am going to find out how good a build is. I have ordered the wall cabinet (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MAXIM-2-Door-Wall-Cabinet-Cupboard-Toolbox-Office-Shed-/330551487219?pt=AU_Tool_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cf6676af3) for a look.

Pat
21st April 2011, 09:27 PM
Got the cabinet today, It was sent yesterday, as they were on holidays until yesterday, so fair enough.

It arrived flat packed, but with clear, simple instructions that anyone, but me, could follow:doh:

Once I sorted out my mistakes, I don't know my left from my right & Back to front :; it took 1/2 hour to put it together. Once put together it is as solid as my Kincrome Wall Cabinet, but deeper, it's got room for the Kincrome socket set, unlike the Kincrome Wall Cabinet. I have to sort out were I am to put it and get the visiting step son to mount it.

Now to save for the 42" combo pack (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230606481663) . . .:U

wheelinround
22nd April 2011, 10:58 AM
Well where is it :worthless: surely you can still hold a screw driver and spanner to assemble it.

Pat
22nd April 2011, 11:12 AM
Ray, it's assembled, but I have changed my mind twice so far this morning on were I will hang it or get it hung, due to my #$%^^$%#%$%#$ shoulder:U. Pics will follow . . . MBGitW has taken the good (her) camera to shoot Wallygong Harbour with the son . . . I'll see them home in time for tea.:;

wheelinround
23rd April 2011, 10:12 AM
Ray, it's assembled, but I have changed my mind twice so far this morning on were I will hang it or get it hung, due to my #$%^^$%#%$%#$ shoulder:U. Pics will follow . . . MBGitW has taken the good (her) camera to shoot Wallygong Harbour with the son . . . I'll see them home in time for tea.:;

Look forward to seeing Deb's photo's of harbour.:U

Pat
24th April 2011, 04:51 PM
Well I finally remembered to ask Deb, to take the pics:doh:

Pics 1 & 2 are of the Maxim, it's size is 710*710*310 and Pics 3 & 4 are of the Kincrome version 820*610*200.

The Maxim attaches to the wall with 2 French Cleats, whilst the Kincrome is just screwed into the wall and frame with 5*m6 screws. The Maxim was the easier of the 2 to install, as it came with a full size plan for installing the cleats, even down to having cross hairs in the screw holes, so even someone as inept as I am could get it straight and level:U

The price difference is minimal, Kincrome was $129 at the local Bunnies and Maxim was $135 on Ebay, free postage, with a 2 day turn around.

wheelinround
24th April 2011, 06:26 PM
Nice Pat shoulder must be better now or painkillers by the bucket load.

snowyskiesau
30th April 2011, 08:07 PM
So, has anyone bought one of the Maxim toolboxes other than the wall mount cupboard Pat bought?

If so, what's your opinion?

Sawdust Maker
30th April 2011, 08:44 PM
Pat

so what do you really think?

snowyskiesau
2nd May 2011, 07:17 PM
As no one was able to answer my question about Maxim toolboxes (other than the wall cupboard Pat bought), I went out there today and had a look for myself.

The proprietor Shane was very helpful and let me take one for a spin, so to speak. Build quality and finish is excellent. Very solid construction. Available in red, blue and black.
I ended up buying a few bits and pieces. :-
I'll unpack them tomorrow and set them up (in the van) so I can start transferring tools into them. I'll be able to get rid of lots of plastic and cardboard boxes that are currently cluttering up the kitchen table (and floor)

Pat
2nd May 2011, 07:20 PM
So which one did you get?

How do you rate them against the likes of Kincrome or Sidchrome?

I'll start saving for the 42" after the next woodshow.

snowyskiesau
2nd May 2011, 07:33 PM
So which one did you get?

How do you rate them against the likes of Kincrome or Sidchrome?

I got all of the items pictured on my previous post - the 42" set.

I'd put them up against Kincrome or Sidchrome any day. They're made of heavy gauge steel, the wheeled cabinet weighs in at just under 100kgs by itself. Finish is excellent. The drawer slides are solid and the larger drawers are fitted with double slides on each side.
Thumbs up for customer service. Shane didn't have the smaller side cabinet in black so sold me the display cabinet at a discount. When he couldn't find the keys for that lock, he got a new lock and fitted it.
The display cabinet is brand new and unmarked but I suspect it may have been drooled on :D

Pat
2nd May 2011, 07:39 PM
The display cabinet is brand new and unmarked but I suspect it may have been drooled on :D

I havent been there yet!

Thanks Geoff. :2tsup:

wheelinround
2nd May 2011, 08:16 PM
What have I started :p

Geoff nice tool chest :2tsup:

I have not regretted any of mine although I would not have the ones I have if not for my daughter working then at White International.

Only thing to remember is the more tools you put in the heavier they get. My 6 draw one I used to haul around myself till it got so full I'd have to pull draws out to move it.

Pat
25th July 2011, 09:47 PM
Well, I brought the 42" set (http://www.maximtoolboxes.com.au/lge_tool_boxes.htm), got it delivered today after ordering it on Saturday.

As Geoff noted above, it is heavy gauge steel, really heavy to move around and that's without putting a tool in it.

Now my problem is to decide on what goes into it and where:U

snowyskiesau
25th July 2011, 11:04 PM
I finally got my toolboxes out of the van after nearly 2 months.
I had to remove each drawer before I could move the boxes. If I hadn't been able to get the wheels on the big box, I would have had no chance.

Although they are not designed to be used in a vehicle (and I'd probably void the warranty if I admitted it), they stood up to being shaken around on some windy, dirt roads around here with no apparent problems.

Now I just have to afford some tools to fill them up :)

wheelinround
26th July 2011, 10:12 AM
Well, I brought the 42" set (http://www.maximtoolboxes.com.au/lge_tool_boxes.htm), got it delivered today after ordering it on Saturday.

As Geoff noted above, it is heavy gauge steel, really heavy to move around and that's without putting a tool in it.

Now my problem is to decide on what goes into it and where:U

Come now Pat your always the one to mention the :rulez2: :no: :photo2:

:way2go:
Geoff now just need a shed new benches etc etc and that trip to Carba :;

Pat
26th July 2011, 08:22 PM
The Blue beast in captivity and the second pic is just for you, Ray :U

Apologies for the pic quality, it's the phone and the user are hopeless. I might talk the resident shutterbug into taking a few decent shots over the weekend.

wheelinround
26th July 2011, 09:46 PM
Pat no problem you have to be desperate you see I passed on one of these (http://www.whiteint.com.au/Menu/TradeIndustrial/OurBrands/ToolStorage/ToolBoxRange/LONGREACH13DRAWERROLLERCABINET.aspx) for 1/2 what you paid for that. Some times I regret it you know the rest. :p

Now have fun filling it thats the best part which draw is for your pen turning gear :q

So is the GtG at your place this weekend with delivery of other new toy :;

Pat
26th July 2011, 10:03 PM
Pat no problem you have to be desperate you see I passed on one of these (http://www.whiteint.com.au/Menu/TradeIndustrial/OurBrands/ToolStorage/ToolBoxRange/LONGREACH13DRAWERROLLERCABINET.aspx) for 1/2 what you paid for that. Some times I regret it you know the rest. :p

Now have fun filling it thats the best part which draw is for your pen turning gear :q

So is the GtG at your place this weekend with delivery of other new toy :;

Ah yes the other new toy, I spent 1/2 of Sunday making room for said new toy.

You are always welcome to view a nice warm, spacious shed:q

PS, no pen turning gear, I have put in my 2 36" straight edges in the long drawer.

wheelinround
26th July 2011, 10:28 PM
Ah yes the other new toy, I spent 1/2 of Sunday making room for said new toy.

You are always welcome to view a nice warm, spacious shed:q

PS, no pen turning gear, I have put in my 2 36" straight edges in the long drawer.

In other words you shoved all the rubbish from one spot inn the shed to another spot :U

So will the same draw fit 1m straight edge :roll:

Pat
27th July 2011, 05:25 AM
In other words you shoved all the rubbish from one spot inn the shed to another spot :U

Yes and your point is? :q

There is a nice comfortable space along the southern wall for the new toy, it'll be in good company, with the Thicky, Jointer, Dusty,Bandsaw & stereo.

Pat
27th July 2011, 05:38 PM
Bugger, delivery is now the following weekend. That highly offensive 4 letter word is getting in the way of a good day.:C

But it means there is more time for me to check the layout of the new shed and maybe clean up the detritus in the old shed to make it a bit more presentable:;

That word starts with a W and ends in a K:;

wheelinround
27th July 2011, 06:47 PM
Walk it off Pat or is that WORK to pay it off :U

Ok so this cleaning up will mean I'll fit through to yon shed now.

Pat
27th July 2011, 07:57 PM
Not me, Fletty's been caught by his horrendous _ _ _ _

wheelinround
27th July 2011, 09:19 PM
Not me, Fletty's been caught by his horrendous _ _ _ _

:oo: I know I contacted him early in the week then it was Friday at earliest I see its now overflow he landed a week ago and his still in subsonic but is off the plane.

Christos
31st July 2011, 10:45 AM
More items to use and places to store is that not what every person does in there shed

wheelinround
1st August 2011, 10:36 AM
Pat did Dave tell you about the one he found at Costco http://www.costco.com.au/Warehouse/newItems/2011061702.jpg?v=110617$1000 and so big Merv would need a cherry picker to reach the top.

Pat
1st August 2011, 06:02 PM
I saw it on line. A mate was going to Costco with his missus last Friday, him to do a recce on the tools, her to check out the rest of the shop. I'll speak to him on Wednesday. I'm still a happy camper and it is getting full. I move stuff from the old shed to the new shed, reorganise were I have stuff and just doodle around, knowing I got a good toy.

I got a Fuller cattledog today, there is a strikingly familiar tool chest in there.

Pat
7th August 2011, 08:53 PM
Well, a weekend late but here it is . . . My 42" Tool chest in the wild. It's just across the aisle from the Lathe, so when I'm turning little platters, I close the lid . . . The 3rd shot is of it's little brother

wheelinround
7th August 2011, 09:06 PM
Oh come on where's the new addition we saw that last weekend or the week before.
Ok so besides a metre ruler whats in it.

Pat
7th August 2011, 09:14 PM
Oh come on where's the new addition we saw that last weekend or the week before.
Ok so besides a metre ruler whats in it.

Ray, the Spindle Moulder is safely tucked away in the flat work area.

Look at the pics and read the tags:q

stevemc32
8th August 2011, 12:06 AM
Look at the pics and read the tags:q

Only one draw for "Junk!", surely that's not right! :D

Christos
16th August 2011, 07:08 PM
Looking at what you have might consider a sheet to cover the tool chest.

Pat
16th August 2011, 08:12 PM
Christos, the top is closed when I turn and then it is either air dustered with the compressor (rarely) or more than likely vacuumed. I do have a spare sheet ready.

Steve, the "Junk" drawer actually holds a number of hand planes . . . just been mislabeled :U

wheelinround
17th August 2011, 08:24 AM
Pat you've seen mine with its plastic sheet cover, reason its there is to stop the dust getting into the slides not so much the draws. and mine has a hinged front flap.